JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 23/2/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:06 pm

After a crappy weekend weather wise last weekend,this weekends weather forcecast is going to be ideal for wetting as line.

THE MURRAY RIVER:- Is currently rising here at Swan Hill and has risen about a foot so far::
- The Wemen area is still producing good size yellas fishing with bait in shallow water and I did hear of an un-confirmed report of large cod being caught in the area.
- Justin Wright sent me a photo of a 56cm cod he caught on cheese at Boundary Bend last weekend,he also picked up 4 yellas on shrimp and worms.
Andrew Ash reported that another camp landed 9 cod over 2 days in the Boundary Bend area.
- Last thursday 2 legal cod were caught on shrimp and cheese at Kenley and I had a regular customer in yesterday getting small yabbies who lives on the murray at Kenley and he said that in the past week,he had caught 6 cod with the biggest at 70cm and 8 legal yellabelly-all caught on small yabbies=Its encouraging to see Kenley and Boundary Bend are starting to produce cod.
- Some mates from Warracknabeal fished Lake Charm last saturday morning but got blown off the lake,so when they called into the shop,I sent them out to Brooks Lane and told them to troll upstream-where Matt Lang picked up a 52cm cod on a red/black lure and they got another 46cm cod on a green/black lure.
- A 65cm cod was caught in the murray at Myall on cheese fishing from the bank.
- An angler sent me a photo of a 52cm cod he had found floating at Murrabit with a tennis ball stuck in its gob-they will eat anything!!.

LAKE CHARM:
- The windy weather kept anglers off the lake last weekend but one lucky Warren Patullock was fishing off the bank near the Pelican Waters Caravan Park last saturday morning and landed a 90cm cod on a small red and white soft plastic he was using for redfin-it just shows you there are big cod in the lake.

Until Next Week-Happy Fishing JC.

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
JCsCodFloats.jpg
Warren Patullock with a 90cm cod from Lake Charm.
JCsCodTrees.jpg
Matt Langs with a cod from Brooks Lane.