JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 10/3/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:20 pm

It looks like the weather is going to be fine for this long weekend with "some" showers forecast for late saturday and "possible showers on sunday-but they are only talking 1-5ml -if it rains at all!

The Murray is rising here at Swan Hill at the moment and the water is clear-ideal for luring.

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- The Wemen has been fishing very well for yellas on bait and it continues to do so.
- We are getting the odd report of yellas and the occaisonal cod being caught in the Boundary Bend area,mostly on bait.
- Here at Swan Hill as I mentioned early on in the week, the annual fishing comp held last weekend at the Pental Island caravan park saw 55 legal cod and a heap of undersize ones caught-the biggest was 69cm caught on a lure and they were only 5 yellas caught with the biggest at 60cm.I had a bloke in last weekend who had fished the Floodway area the week before and he said that he had caught a 60-62-71cm cod and dropped a bigger one near the boat-all caught on yabbies.And I heard of an 80cm caught downstream from the park last week on a lure.
My mates camped at Brooks Lane last weekend and picked up a few cod around the 50-53cm mark on shrimp and cheese and a big one lost amongst the snags when the knott slipped at the hook.

THE KYALITE AREA:
- Ken from the pub reports of a few yellas being caught in the Wakool and he said the yabbies were still running in the Edwards.There is a comp on this weekend at Kyalite so it will be interesting to see what the results will be.

THE MURRUMBIDGEE RIVER:
- The Maude area is still producing good numbers of cod up to 80+cm on trolled hollgraphic codzilla lures and a black Codger lure with orange ends had been productive.
- The Hay area is much the same with some reasonable size cod taking lures and bait.

# The photos this week are of a couple "big" size cod caught in recent weeks in other areas, just to get people motivated!!-the 1st cod was caught on a Bassman DT.

So make the most of a fine weekend and hit the rivers-you will never know what you might catch- and the one thing I do know- you wont catch them at home! JC.

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
JCs1.jpg
JCs2.jpg