JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 5/4/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:46 am

I hav'nt had so many anglers come into the shop with smiles as big as a cods mouth in the past week and I hav'nt seen the Murray here at Swan Hill fish so well for cod in years,as you will see in the following reports-the majority of the cod caught have been between the boatramp and the start of the Floodway and about 80% of the caught on lures.

The weather forecast for the following week is for fine weather with temps between 21 & 30deg and the 10 day forecast says easter will be great,with no rain in sight.

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- Leigh Evans has been putting in at the boatramp boating up to the P.I. caravan park and the trolling back,where he picked up a 62 & a 73cm on a purple oarge on the thur night and then picked up a 67cm on fri morning- all up over the week, he and his mate have landed 7 cod and dropped a 70 & 80+ at the boat.
- Daniel McCashney has been fishing the the same patch of water and landed 5 cod to 60+cm on the sat and 4 cod on the sun morning,including a 99cm-all fish have been caught on black codger with orange head & tail,purple oargee with pink underneath the head/tail and a black/purple oargee.
- Zane Wilkins was fishing off the back of there bardi boat and landed a 58 & a 60cm cod on chicken last weekend.
- Ying struck again with a 90cm caught on cheese near the P.I. caravan park last sat afternoon-took her 15mins to land it and her partner Alex caught a 85cm near the big 4 caravan park easrlier in the week-they did'nt have there phones-so no pics.
- I had a couple of guys in who were staying at the P.I. caravan park and they said that they had caught 7 cod ranging from 53 to 69cm on red/black and black/purple oargee-they brought another 8 lures.
- Brendan Kelly said that his mate was fishing off the bank with his kids on tuesday near his place and they landed 4 cod between 51 7 57cm on cheese.
- And I had another bloke in who trolled around the island near the big 4 caravan park on tuesday afternoon and landed 3 cod to 65cm in 15mins on a black/purple lure.
- Also heard that a couple of yellas up to 34cm had been caught on cooked prawns at Runciman Rd.

THE WAKOOL RIVER:
- Barnsy facebook page stated that the river was rising and that one angler had caught one yella on a lure and 2 others on shrimp.He said if you worked hard you would catch the odd cod and there was no shortgage of silver perch.

THE MURRUMBIDGEE RIVER:
- A party fished the Hay weir pool last weekend and landed 50 small cod on bait and they are still catching reasonable size cod near Maude on lures.

NO REPORTS FROM THE LAKES!!!

# As you can see from the above report Swan Hill is the place to be, if you want to catch a cod over the easter break.

## With people starting to hit there favourite camping spots,remember to take care on our roads and rivers and take your rubbish home with you-but most importantly enjoy swan hill majestic rivers and forests.

Photos: a 60cm & 99cm Dan McCashney caught; Yings 90cm specimen; some of Leigh Evans catch.

Until Next Week check your reels line and lures to prevent failure and dont forget the esky-JC

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
03 5033 0407

JCs1.jpg
JCs2.jpg
JCs3.jpg
JCs4.jpg