JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 12/8/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:19 pm

I'm starting to sound like a broken record-another quite week on the fishing front-theres plenty of fish out there to be caught-just need anglers on the water.With spring just around the corner and the last round of the footy home and away matches next weekend,reports will start to flow in..

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- A couple of mates put in at the Murrabit boat ramp during the week and landed a couple of legal cod one a grub and the other on a large yabby.
- A few cod have been landed around Swan Hill mainly on bait along with a few yellas caught on shrimp and scrubworms.
- A couple of good size yellas were landed near Runciman Rd last weekend using scrubworms.
- With fresh flows coming out of the Bidgee into the Murray at the junction,fishing downstream of the junction should start to pick up in the coming weeks.

THE MURRUMBIDGEE RIVER:
- The rise has hit Maude with the river rising about 3-4 foot during the week,so once it settles,the fishing should be good.

THE WAKOOL RIVER:
- A few yellas have been picked up along the river with a bit of persistance using small yabbies and shrimp(fresh & frozen).

CHANNEL SYSTEM:
- My nephew stopped off at the channel that runs under the highway near little lake charm on thursday and with one bite landed a good size yella on worms,and it finished up in my fridge-thanks Luke.

*** LATE MAIL ***
I had a couple of mates call into the shop just on closing time this afternoon after spending a week camped at Lock 7 and they said they were pretty happy with their weeks fishing.They finished up with 8 cod ranging from 60cm to 91cm and 30 whopping yellas,all the fish were caught on lures with the most effective being the 120mm AC Invader "Magic Knight"-the Pink/White and the Frog pattern.
They said it was a positive sign for that area taking into account last years "natural event" and with the number of cod that were caught at Lock 9 on the June long weekend by the "Cod Save the Queen" members,this might be a sign of a small light at the end of a big tunnel- but I'm praying that light will start to get bigger-only time will tell!

# Dont forget there is 19 days left to pick up a bargain with between 20 to 30% OFF most lures. The 120mm jointed Koolabung Cod Crackers are back in stock,but they wont last long and I wont have any more in stock until December.

Until next week JC

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
03 5033 0407