JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 18/8/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:37 pm

Yep its been wet,cold,windy and it is keeping anglers away from the rivers,surely we will get break in the weather for the remaining 14 days of the cod season..

The Murray here at swan hill has been rising all week and the Edward river downstream from Stevens Weir is also rising-I've herad the clarity above the weir is very good.
Fresh water will also be running into the Murray from the Murrumbidgee which has had a big enviromental flush through it,with the river sitting at just over 5mtr near Kyalite.

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- A couple of mates fished of the sandbar at Runciman Rd last weekend and picked up a 52cm and a 53cm cod using worms.
- A couple of good size yellas were landed near the Floodway fishing amongst the snags with small yabbies and frozen shrimp.
- A couple following the Murray from Yarrawonga to the S.A. border camped at the Pental Island caravan park early in the week and the bloke landed his first cod off the top fishing from his kayak just on dawn,he estimated the fish to be around 65+cm and was caught on a 100mm Koolabung Cod Cracker that he had purchased that day.(and he left his phone in the van hence no photo!!)

THE WAKOOL RIVER:
- Just had a fella in wanting some yabbies and he said his mates who are already at Kyalite had caught 2 yellas around the 2lb mark,one on bait and the other on a trolled lure.

THE DARLING RIVER:
- Sam Hancock and his mate fished up above Pooncarrie last weekend and landed a 93cm cod and a trolled black/purple codzilla lure-they said the river was pretty low-I was going to post the picture of the cod, but i am having trouble unloading the photo!!

## With only 14 days left of the cod season I still have plenty of bardi grubs in stock,along with scrubbies and crawlers and I have just received a supply of yabbies.

Until next week JC

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
03 5033 0407