JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 28/9/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:08 pm

AFL Grand Final public holidays and we have a forecast of a weeks sunny weather with temps around 21-23degs and little wind.The Murray river is rising at swan hill and is currently sitting at 1.1mtr and the water temp is 15.7 and increasing,the Edward river is rising downstream of Stevens weir and all the other rivers are stable with good flows.

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- I had a guy in yesterday who spent 4 days at Wentworth fishing at the lock and he said that good numbers of yellas up to 42cm were taking most baits,bibless vibes and spinnerbaits,with one bloke landing 15 yellas to 1 carp.
- A local reporter in the Guardian said that yellas were biting in the Robinvale,Wemen and Boundary Bend areas on yabbies shrimp and worms.
- Another angler spent a few days fishing at Vinifera from his canoe and he finished up with 6 cod ranging from 20cm to 65cm and 3 yellas,all caught on scrubworms.
- Locally at Swan Hill yellas and a few cod have been caught on yabbies and scrubworms, a couple of locals fishing at Pental Island landed and released 2 cod at 60cm on shrimp and worms during the week.

THE WAKOOL RIVER:
- The Genoe area is producing yellas on yabbys and scrubworms.
- Barnsy from the pub said that a few locals were picking the odd feed of yellas on most baits and he expects that there will be a few campers around this weekend making the most of the long weekend.

THE EDWARD RIVER:
- As I said in my intro the river is rising so I would expect the good run of yellas over the past weeks will continue.

- THE IRRIGATION CHANNELS:
- Col Hodges posted a pic of yellas up to 38cm he landed in the channels around 1st Reedy Lake near Kerang,he and his wife have had a good run from the channel in the past 2 weekends.

KANGAROO- BOGA-CHARM LAKES:
- I would expect that the fishing in the lakes for yellas and redfin should start to improve with the warmer weather-I would be trying bait,bibless vibes and small hardbodied lures.

## The shop WILL BE OPEN tomorrow Fri with normal trading hours and I did receive another supply of yabbies yesterday,but in limited numbers-but I do have plenty of frozen shimp,scrubworms,crawlers and red worms.

## This weeks photo is from Barnsy with Ivans catch from the Edward river at Kyalite last weekend.

Good fishing over the weekend and take your rubbish home!!! Jc

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
03 5033 0407

JCsyellassGrass.jpg