JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 10/11/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:26 pm

The long weekend saw heaps of campers/anglers out on our rivers and most people caught something,everyone I had in my shop were pretty happy.

With only 20 days to go before the cod opening people are already starting to ask where is the best place to go-at the moment it appears from recent reports of cod getting caught ranging from 30cm to up to a metre, that the river here at swan hill will fish just as well as last season,if not better.

And dont forget the lakes I was shown a video of a cod that would have been over a metre(the guy did'nt measure it) caught in Lake Charm on wednesday on a trolled small lure he was using chasing redfin and yellas-later on in the day he caught a 75cm from the bank at the caravan park=so it just shows that there are big cod in charm as kangaroo lake.

THE DARLING RIVER:
- For people travelling to the Pooncarrie area the yellas are still on the bite mainly on bait.

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- The river at Wemen is producing good numbers of yellas on small yabbies and worms.
- Michael McMahon sent me a photo of a 6.5kg yella he caught on a scrubworm upstream from swan hill and Glen Boag caught a 4.1lb on shrimp and worms.
- A couple of mates fished at Brooks Lane last sunday for a couple of hours and landed 5 cod and 3 yellas on bait.
- The Murrabit area is also producing some good size yellas on most baits.

THE WAKOOL RIVER:
- Rick Skinner and a few mates put their boats in at Kyalite and boated to Tooleybuc last weekend and finished up with 11 keeper yellas with the biggest at 52cm,2 cod a 52cm in thye murray and a 48cm in the wakool-most fish were caught on scrubworms.
- Matt Rodoni and his son Oliver camped on the reserve at the weekend and caught plenty of yellas,Matt said he caught 6 yellas off the same snag casting a blacl/yellow Bassman spinnerbait,he said small yabbies worked well.

THE MERRAN CREEK:
- The creek has been producing some good size yellas up to 44cm on scrubworms if you know where the holes are.

KANGAROO LAKE:
- Clive from the caravan park said that a few redfin have been caught in the lake and good numbers of yellas have been caught both in the lake and at the regulator on shrimp and worms and vibes.

LAKE BOGA:
- Jeff Liddicoat sent me a photo of her son Jett's silver perch he caught from the bank,he finished up with two and was pretty happy with himself-not knowing that you could take them from the lake,they put them back.

LAKE CHARM:
- As I said in the intro a couple of cod were caught on wednesday and there were plenty of redfin and good size yellas caught over the weekend on small yabbies,shrimp and minnows.

## For anybody interested the Lake Boga Sports Fishing Club is holding a fishing comp tomorrow and sunday,with the aim of collecting data of fish stock especially around the "fish motels".Hopefully it will result in the lake being re-stocked with more cod and yellas and in installation of more "motels.There will be heaps of prizes-BYO food and drinks.

This Weeks Photos:-
- Glen Boags 4.1lb yella
- Jett Liddicoats silver perch
- Michael McManus 6.5kg yella
- Oliver Rodinis yella
- Rick Skinners 52cm yella

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
03 5033 0407

JC1.jpg
JC2.jpg