JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 18/1/18

Post by Nicole Penfold » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:29 pm

It's going to be a little cosy for the next few days,so a few shady trees might be the order of the day.
The Murray hear at swan hill has been steadily rising and is currently sitting at 1.9mtrs.

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- Two boats fishing at Hattah last weekend finished up with a heap of yellas and a couple of small cod on yabbies,scrubworms and shrimp.Had I heard of another camp landing 23 good size yellas also on bait.
- The fishing here at swan hill has been pretty good with the following reports:-
- Cod up to 65cm have been caught in the Goodnight area on both bait and lures.
- A bloke brought his wife, who has hardly ever fished,to swan hill for the first time and they fished between the Abbs and town and she landed a 95 and a 105cm cod on yabbies last thursday and he got nothing-he has vowed never to bring her back again!!
- A 70cm and a 71cm were landed near the Big 4 caravan park,one was on a black/green predatec by Sid Welsh who sent me a photo.
-Brad Kelly and his mate fished near town during the week and landed a 64cm cod on a frog coloured stumpjumper(photo)
- Jamie Key and his brother fished between Tooleybuc and Murrabit last week and he sent me photos of several cod up to 63cm they caught on stumpjumpers and chicken.
- A bloke came back to the shop to say the crawlers I sold him the day before had worked a treat,with a 45cm and a 68cm landed from the bank at the Caeli land "boat" ramp.
- Jacinta Ray sent me a photo of a 57cm cod she caught at Brooks Lane a couple of days ago and I saw a photo of a 54cm yella which was landed on shrimp.

THE LITTLE MURRAY:
- Had a bloke in who said that he had been catching several cod up to 60cm on worms over the past few days.

THE WAKOOL RIVER:
- Daniel Sydes sent me a photo of a 48cm yella he caught on chicken/shrimp the other day.

KANGAROO LAKE:
- The lake is producing yellas and a few redfin on most baits and lures.

LAKE CHARM:
- A few redfin have been picked up in the early mornings and late evenings on minnows,small yabbies and some on small lures.

This Weeks Photos:
- Sid Welsh's 71cm caught near the Big 4 park.
- Jacinta Ray's Brooks lane cod.
- Daniel Syde's Wakool yella.
- Jamie Key's cod photos.
- Brad Kelly's 64cm cod.
- And the last photo is of my grandson Dallas with his very first fish from the Murray river-it might have been a small carp,but he did'nt care as you can tell from his smile!!!

## I have been getting heaps of phone calls about Australia Day, and YES I will be OPEN all weekend.

Until Next Week-Keep cool on the river - JC

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
03 5033 0407

JC1.jpg
JC1.jpg (23.31 KiB) Viewed 103 times
JC2.jpg
JC2.jpg (11.81 KiB) Viewed 103 times
JC3.jpg
JC3.jpg (19.3 KiB) Viewed 103 times
JC4.jpg