Benalla Bait & Tackle
191 Bridge St
Benalla, Victoria
Ph: 03 5762 3704
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 17/5/18

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri May 18, 2018 10:07 am

Sorry we haven’t had a report up in a while as I have been away for the last month. Now that I’m back I will endeavour to continue with a report between a week and a fortnight. I have had some great reports come in since the start of the week and it has me a bit up to speed.

Eildon:
54.78%
The trout action has started to warm up from reports with most anglers getting a couple in a morning session trolling. Pink, white and orange have all been good colours for winged lures. Anglers have also been using Bullet lures, predatek micro mins and oar gee lil rippers. Both sides of the lake are producing fish but the better ones have been around in the Delatite. Redfin have slowed down and bait is required to stir them up. Anglers are reporting sounding schools but struggling to get a bite. This is where the bait gets them going. Also use berkley gulp minnow as they are very smelly. Slow retrieved lures are working better than a very active retrieve. A couple of yellas are being picked up in the trees gulping and using scrubworm in the Brankeet arm. No one I have talked to has caught a cod but I’m sure anglers are!

Dartmouth:
88.76%
The fishing has been consistent from reports with most boats landing 4-12 fish in a day. Flatlining has been good using silver, white and pink. Leadcore (2-4 colours) has been good using orange, brown and pink. Downrigging the thermocline has been the best way to catch them though using brown and orange tassies. The frog pattern and yellow/white have been good on their day also. Fishos that have been there for more than 2 days have said one day you will clean up with one colour then the next day not get a hit on it. So make sure your actively trying to find what they want. My father and brother are up there for 5 day at he moment so I will have a good report next week.

Nillahcootie:
56.72%.
Not many reports from nillah unfortunately, only one report of a small cod on the troll last week.

Mulwala:
61.32%.
Mulwala is on the drop now and I haven’t heard anything the last few days. Before that the meterys were out to play with heaps of big cod getting caught off the top, on swimbaits and Spinnerbaits. Will hopefully get a few more reports over the next week as a few locals have some trips planned.

Haven’t heard anything from buffalo, Hume, waranga and hovell.

Wade

Benalla Bait & Tackle
191 Bridge St
Benalla, Victoria
Ph: (03) 5762 3704

Benalla.jpg
Top left: Kaiden with an awesome coloured yella caught at Mulwala.
Middle and bottom left: Mick with 2 fat yellas from Eildon, notice the bottom one and how dark it is!
Top right: Tanners at it again smacking this cracker.
Middle right:Troy enters the club with this awesome 101cm cod.
Bottom right:Another of tanners catches, this one falling to a thirsty lure.