Benalla, Victoria
Ph: 03 5762 3704
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 13/11/15

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:28 pm

Lake Eildon: 53.35%
Fishing: 8/10.
The Yellas are out to play at the moment. Bait fishers using shrimp, yabbies and nippers have had the best success amongst the trees. Fishos gulping the trees are also having a lot of success. Trollers have done ok on 50mm AC Invaders and stumpys but most fish haven't moved towards the points yet but the following weeks should see that change. Reddies have been ok, all fish been caught close to the bottom. Worms the best for them. Delatite side has been the go to side to fish.

Lake Nillahcootie: 52.94%
Fishing:7/10.
Nillah has been great off the bank for bait fishers using worms. Consistent captures of Yellas and Redfin have had a lot of anglers leave the boat at home. If you are in the boat drop around trees with yabbies and worms and flick plastics and blades around while waiting for a bite. Trollers using 40-50mm, 3-4m diving lures have had the best captures of Yellas. Mansfield end of the lake is warmer so I'd start around there.

Lake Dartmouth: 59.91%
Fishing: 8/10.
Darts has produced one of the best sessions I have ever seen. Consistent captures of fish with most anglers reaching double figures. The best thing is that it doesn't look like slowing down. Cowbells and worms from 9am onwards has been deadly. Flatlining and lead coring orange, brown and silver tassies have also undone the fish. If you can catch some gudgeon they have been dynamite off points and in coves with a bubble float.

Lake Hume: 45.57%
Fishing:7/10.
Hume is now again on the rise and the fish are back into gear. Trout are still being caught early and late in the day. Silver or pink tassies the go. Yellas are frequently being picked up on the troll. Ac's, mcgraths, stumpys and halco's all getting the job done. Redfin are being picked up on the troll whilst trolling for Yellas.

Broken river : steady/low
Fishing:6.5/10.
The broken has been ok since the rains. A small rise in the river has seen the Yellas becoming more active, that and the shrimp are becoming more abundant. So if your a bait fisho try and get some shrimp as they are the best bait. Worms and yabbies have been ok but no where near as good as shrimp. Lure casters using green, orange or gold stumpys have caught a few yallas.

The weather seems to be good over the weekend so get out there and enjoy it!

Wade

Benalla Bait & Tackle
191 Bridge St
Benalla, Victoria
Ph: (03) 5762 3704
BenallaWeb.jpg
Top left: Matt Stephens has been getting a few Yellas casting hard bodies around Benalla lake.
Top right: Basty has been landing plenty of fish at Eildon, his best was a 64cm!
Bottom left: Myself with a hard fighting bass from Glenbawn.
Bottom right: Josh Higgs and me with Glenbawn bass.