Benalla Bait & Tackle
191 Bridge St
Benalla, Victoria
Ph: 03 5762 3704
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 28/7/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:21 pm

We have had some great rainfall the last week and that has directly resulted in some amazing influxes into our impoundments!

-Lake Eildon:
44.82 % up 4.39% this week

-Lake Hume:
61.09% up 8.27% this week

-Lake Willaim Hovel:
103.38% up 1.69% this week

-Lake Nillahcootie:
65.93% up 20.80% this week

-Lake Dartmouth:
53.36% up 2.56% this week

-Lake Buffalo:
71.74% up 7.93% this week

-Waranga Basin:
74.80% up 8.27% this week.

Exciting times ahead with all these waters rising rapidly!!!

Picture: Paul Shultz and his wife enjoyed some nice conditions at Eildon recently and managed to catch this 58cm 5-6 pound brown flatlining the new coral trout tassie devil around goughs bay. Fish was released to fight another day!

Now I don't have much to report on this week due to the conditions we have had so I will just comment on a few reports I have received.

Eildon:
A few local anglers have ventured over and braved the wind and rain. Not many trout have been caught. Most sessions produced 1-4 trout. Tassie colours have been the new coral trout pattern, white and green/gold. One angler caught a 60cm cod close to the boat ramp on a predatek lure. I have also heard a few anglers spinning the banks and catching trout and Redfin on rapala's, bullet lures and plastics.

Dartmouth:
Cowbells/fenders with worms/mudeyes have been very successful at the moment. Flatlining and 3 colours of lead core with orange, gold and pink tassies are also catching trout.

Broken river:
Running a banker.

William hovel:
Cowbells and worms been the go as well for chasing trout here. Also anglers casting 7g tassies off the bank is catching a few trout, Pink and brown colours.

That's pretty much all I have to report on at this stage. I will comment below if I receive any reports over the next few days. Fingers crossed we see some calmer day soon so we can really have a crack at these rapid rising impoundments!

Wade

Benalla Bait & Tackle
191 Bridge St
Benalla, Victoria
Ph: (03) 5762 3704
Benalla.jpg