Nowra, NSW 2541
Ph: (02) 4421 2418
mccallumssports@shoalhaven.net.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 24/8/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:29 pm

Pick handles aplenty!

Yep you guessed it the barracuta are still out there! And not only out there, they are in the river also and I have heard of them as far upstream as the Nowra Bridge. Just about every customer is complaining about these slimy toothy bait steeling critters that have been around for the past couple of months. Hopefully some warm water is not too far away and they will be on their bike! With these guys out there and the recent wild wind and seas there haven’t been to many fisho’s venturing offshore. It seems to be the lucky ones who either work for themselves or have flexible jobs that are getting out when the conditions are right and doing ok. There have been a handful of nice kings taken from around The Banks and The Shallows over the past couple of weeks and during that week of wild westerly wind there were a few taken under the cliffs..I can’t imagine the ride home was that good though!

Inside Jervis bay squid are still the main target this time of year. Which can be either done from the rocks or a boat. The south side around Murrays break wall is still my go to spot for the squid and you can usually catch a feed if you persist. Come in and check out our new range of Shimano Sephiea squid jigs...these things are packed with features and look awesome and have already accounted for a few squid.

The washes are producing some massive black drummer up around the 4kg mark for those getting in nice and close to the rocks. For those fishing off the rocks it’s been a different story with multiple bust ups from these XOS fish as well as the odd blue groper.

In the Shoalhaven there have been plenty of perch still around the Nowra Bridge and the occasional jewie but the majority of the jew have still been down stream in those secret spots we all seem to know about LOL. There are still some good flattys throughout the Shoalhaven, I saw a photo of a 91cm specimen a few days ago from the river that was caught and released.

If you are planning on fishing this weekend tomorrow looks like the day. Just looking at seabreeze It looks like another big stir up is coming on Sunday/Monday so get out there whilst you can.

Have a good weekend guys and gals, stay safe and remember next weekend is Fathers Day so don’t forget to buy dad a gift, hopefully a fishing one...stay tuned to our page this week for some awesome Fathers Day specials.

McCallum's Tackle World
47 Kinghorne St, Nowra
Ph: (02) 4421 2418
fishin@mccallumstackleworld.com.au