47 Kinghorne st
Nowra, NSW 2541
Ph: (02) 4421 2418
mccallumssports@shoalhaven.net.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 5/6/19

Post by Nicole Penfold » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:36 pm

Mother Nature has really dished up some weather this week with overflowing creeks and big seas I’d be anticipating a good bite on the reds both for the boat fisherman and those guys fishing the ledges.

In the river the next week should see the water from the run off hopefully stirring up the colour and pushing a few of those annoying jellies out. This time of year the prawn runs of summer is well and truly behind us. Fishing plastics like the Gulp 3" Minnow, Jackson Athlete or Squidgies 70mm Bio Tough Fish is a good option.

Like we touched on before this big stir should see quality fish on them inshore reefs. Prior to the weather saw some cracking squid being caught from the bay up to Currarong. Friend of the shop Dean got out last weekend and brained some quality Shoalhaven squid (photo below).

In the bay all them well know snapper grounds are holding fish up to that 1.5 -2kg range. Will put a few hours in on Sunday and scored some nice pan sized reds that wanted the Gulp 5" Jerkshad. I hate sounding like a broken record but I really expect to see some good fish this next week.

In the basin if you have managed to get out in between the 100kmh westerlies or the east coast lows you’ll found a few bream and better quality ones still sitting shallow. If I were fishing the next few days I’d be starting out deep looking for bait and again using minnow style plastics don’t get in the frame of mind that big flatty and jew won’t eat them they will!

For the customers who frequent our store you’d know we are running a bream comp. The leading fish is still 34cm fork length and it’s very funny because everyone says I'll knock that this weekend but as you see Ian Roth's fish is still leading.

Considering it is the long weekend I’m sure the Eucumbene will be a very popular place to be for the angler looking for trophy brown trout, and we have you covered with glow bug and nymph rigs ready to roll out the door.

McCallum's Tackle World
47 Kinghorne St, Nowra
Ph: (02) 4421 2418
fishin@mccallumstackleworld.com.au

1Nowra2.jpg
1Nowra.jpg