47 Kinghorne st
Nowra, NSW 2541
Ph: (02) 4421 2418
mccallumssports@shoalhaven.net.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 5/7/19

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:10 pm

Happy hump day fellow fisho’s we are on the home straight to the WEEKEND! So what’s been happening around the Shoalhaven?

The rocks and beaches were producing some nice BREAM last weekend. These fish are a much cleaner eating fish than ones that have spent a fair amount of time in the estuary system in my opinion. Some big SALMON are also around the rocks keeping the spin fisho’s happy. Been very quiet on the KINGS but that can turn at any minute.

Small to medium sized FLATHEAD are still around in the river but the water temp is slowing down the bight working your plastics and lures slower than usual will keep it longer in the strike zone and in the fishes face hopefully enticing a bite. Not to give too much away but a bit of shop talk has been about the JEW bite of late! With the new moon coming up next week Wednesday and some annual leave for me I’m sure a few sneaky JEW sessions are on the cards.

THE BASIN has been fishing very slow let’s not sugar coat it! Big winter highs with the pressure sitting at 1036 hpa has them fish shut down! with water clarity of about 15ft hopefully the rain we have just had stirs it up a touch. For those keen on a feed of TAILOR the basin is the place to be with some absolute brutes amongst the pack. These fish are perfect for the smoker! Soaked in a simple brine of equal parts rock salt and brown sugar then smoked using hickory dust or wood chips you’ll thank me later.

JB has been the place to be again for anyone looking for a feed of SQUID as we speak DEANO ( a friend of the store ) has a few sneaky hoods for myself and Corey. He was reporting easy SQUID fishing this morning but on the other hand very slow on the REDS and KINGS with them pesky LEAHTERJACKETS destroying jigs and baits. As we speak we are seeing reports of BLUEFIN TUNA wide of Narooma about 80kms or 50 miles. Hopefully it’s not long till we are eating fresh sashimi here in the shop.

McCallum's Tackle World
47 Kinghorne St, Nowra
Ph: (02) 4421 2418
fishin@mccallumstackleworld.com.au

Nowra2.jpg
Nowra1.jpg