47 Kinghorne st
Nowra, NSW 2541
Ph: (02) 4421 2418
mccallumssports@shoalhaven.net.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 31/7/19

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:22 pm

The YFT fishing has been next level! With the vast majority of boats hooking, landing and are now feasting on tuna steaks. Huge congrats goes to Sherie Holden from Team adrenaline rush for smoking a solid yellowfin weighing at 77.6kg. Away from the hot weekend action the YFT bite has been a little on the quiet side the last few days.

JB has again been fishing well for snapper with a few bigger models beating the angler and making home to the reef. Out middle ground has been fishing above expectation on the old sand flathead keeping the older fellas well stocked for a feed. The humble old paternoster rig never fails to catch a feed.

Inshore has been a touch on the slower side for the kings and snapper. Myself and Wes Murphy put in a few hours on some grounds south of the bay for a few smaller sized reds who were destined for the steamer. The conditions were a touch off what Wes normally likes to fish with green cold water reading 15 degrees and full of barracuda.

The river again has been fishing well for the keen angler wanting to target a feed of blackfish. The million dollar question from them anglers is where do I get my green weed for bait? And my answer is simply I’m not sure but our green weed flies we have on our shelves are just as deadly producing some nice fish. Bream and flathead again have been the bread and butter for both the bait fisho and lure casting fisherman with some nice size eaters down around the muscle island area and through the break walls of Currarong.

The Basin last week fished well for winter, with a friend of mine Ian Deller and his brother fishing gentlemen’s hours and coming up tight on some good sized flathead for winter. The bream side of the basin has again been on the slower side! But on A positive note we are just 1 month away from spring and that means it’s only a matter of time till we are cranking them wind affected flats hunting them kilo plus size tanks we know the basin holds. For the keen bait fisho again the snapper in the basin have been keen to eat lightly weighted pillies with a good berley trail.

Bonus check out Jayden Hammond’s efforts from a dive we did together on Saturday with a couple nice crays that went down a bit too well with garlic butter.

McCallum's Tackle World
47 Kinghorne St, Nowra
Ph: (02) 4421 2418
fishin@mccallumstackleworld.com.au

Nowra1.jpg
Nowra2.jpg
Nowra3.jpg
Nowra4.jpg
Nowra5.jpg