47 Kinghorne st
Nowra, NSW 2541
Ph: (02) 4421 2418
mccallumssports@shoalhaven.net.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 15/8/19

Post by Nicole Penfold » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:47 pm

Football fields of sauries with 60kg YFT clearing the water is not uncommon. As we all know by now the old Squidgy Bluewater Livies or the Profidgie by Trophy Hunter are the stand out lures. For the normal punter who doesn’t have access to these golden bars the Halco Max 220 has been a very close second in getting the bites. Young Fin Monahan pictured below went wide with Dad looking for yellowfin and came up tight on his first albacore well done young man.

Inshore has seen runs of smaller sized reds to a couple kilos. In all honesty with the insane tuna fishing it’s been very quiet on the snapper side of things. Off the stones has saw a few fun sized kings from just under that legal to legal size. Kiama has been a safe bet for a quick arvo spin on them light 2-4kg and 2500 sized reels. Be warned though if a big kings shows you can thank your mother for the rabbits and say goodnight.

BEACHES there have been some really good looking gutters running along 7 mile, Kinghorne point and 5 mile with the odd JEW being caught and kept for a feed. Being winter Aussie salmon are in plague numbers chasing smaller prey up and down the local beaches. Small silver metals and ganged pillys have been doing the damage.

Bass I’m not sure about you but we at mccallums tackleworld are super pumped for bass season. The shop talk and banter about the biggest bass has already started with my co worker Corey talking up a solid game plan for us. For me this year presents new ways to fish for them, that being small swim baits and bait caster outfits. The Shimano SLX DC has absolutely got me pumped to fish for the humble old bronze battler, 3 weeks can’t come quick enough.

McCallum's Tackle World
47 Kinghorne St, Nowra
Ph: (02) 4421 2418
fishin@mccallumstackleworld.com.au

Nowra1.jpg
Nowra5.jpg
Nowra4.jpg
Nowra3.jpg
Nowra2.jpg