47 Kinghorne st
Nowra, NSW 2541
Ph: (02) 4421 2418
mccallumssports@shoalhaven.net.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 28/9/18

Post by Nicole Penfold » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:37 pm

St Georges Basin is a spot I would be trying this weekend if estuary fishing is your thing. Over the past couple of weeks there have been a few nice Mulloway come out of this system caught on soft plastic lures. There have been some nice bream as well starting to creep into the shallows when the wind blows stirring up the water. And as I mentioned last week now is also the time when the big flathead start feeding in the Basin so don’t be surprised if you hook one of these big girls.

Looking out the back window of the shop whilst writing this report I’m thinking I should be somewhere on a little creek flicking a surface lure for one of my favourite fish species to catch...the “Aussie Bass”. Every keen bass fisho is starting to get that excitement in their voice when you start talking to them about it. And with days like today I’m not surprised! I’m sure there will be a few keen fisho’s sneaking out this arvo to their “secret spots” to have a flick. Just remember if you are predominately on foot the other species that like this time of the year also...”JOE BLAKE”...yup snakes. Ddon’t get caught up in the moment too much and forget where you’re walking.

In Jervis bay there are plenty of big luderick around the rocks being caught on the artificial weed fly. The good thing with the weed fly’s is you can just fish them like a normal weed bait under a float on your standard blackfish rig and they actually seem to hit it harder and take it better than they do with the real stuff....bizzaro!

McCallum's Tackle World
47 Kinghorne St, Nowra
Ph: (02) 4421 2418
fishin@mccallumstackleworld.com.au