47 Kinghorne st
Nowra, NSW 2541
Ph: (02) 4421 2418
mccallumssports@shoalhaven.net.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 4/11/15

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:47 am

It’s been a pretty productive week since we last communicated. St Georges Basin has just been “on fire”. The amount of big flatty‘s being caught and released in there has been awesome, quite a lot of fish between 70 and 90 cm have been taken by the soft plastic tossers from the shallows to the deeper holes. I’m being told look for the schools of tailor busting up on the surface and try to get a lure beneath them. As far as what lure is working best, well there really isn’t one with so many fisho’s catching these quality fish on different lures. But If I had to choose a couple myself I would choose either the Squidgy Prawns in the paddle tails, the 4” Gulp Minnows or Nemesis, or the Samaki Thumper Tail. That lot should get you one of these big girls and maybe even a nice Jew which I have also heard of been taken in the Basin in the last week.

Remember the Flathead Classic is on this Sunday running from Palm Beach. If you are after any info on this comp you can give us a call at the shop on 4421 2418 and we can point you in the right direction with times and who to contact... alternatively you can look up the Basin Lure And Fly website for details.

Around Jervis Bay and Currarong finally some Kingfish have shown up after a very poor winter season. Most of the better fish being caught are falling to a live squid on the downrigger or lead line or early morning on poppers before too much boat traffic puts the fish down. The squid are in abundance in JB taking a variety of jigs with some of the new fish candy UV jigs giving the Yamashita s a run for their money.

The Shoalhaven’s bass bight is continuing to get better and better as we fast approach summer. Remember there is just a little under a month left in our spring Bass comp so if you get yourself a good fish and are entered in the comp send your pics in! After fishing Danjera Dam at Yalwal last weekend I remember why I’m so passionate about my bass fishing, great company amazing scenery and the peaceful tranquility is what it’s all about, which is just as well for me coz I’m not having much luck at catching a decent fish! I'll be giving it a fair nudge at trying to catch one next week though whilst on holidays so hopefully I'll have plenty to report when I get back. We may try the upper river as that still seems to be producing the better fish both in numbers and size.

Johnny
McCallum's Tackle World
47 Kinghorne St
Nowra NSW 2541
Ph: (02) 4421 2418
NowraWeb.jpg
Glenn Godwin enjoying the serenity of Danjera Dam.