Ph: 07 5449 8099
Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 24 Oct 11

Post by Brad » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:57 am

BIg call this week for some readers photo's. I think that everyone has seen enough of my head in the magazine reports so if you have a picture of a recent catch around the Sunshine Coast please send it to me in the next few days ready for the December 2011 issue. I am after pictures of mackerel, reef species, tuna or any other fish you have taken. They will need to be about 1mb+ in size and you can email them directly to me: fishingcaloundra@yahoo.com.au Look forward to seeing what you have.

The past week has been in the middle of the moon phase and has not really excited to many people. Pearl perch and snapper have still been taken at the Outer Gneerings on soft plastics just on dusk right on a corresponding tide change. Wide Caloundra still has the best results for pearl perch fishermen so a trip out there is worth it. Murphy's has seen alot of smaller fish around, pickers disappear after dark but it is nothing to loose a couple of kilos of good pilchards waiting for them to disappear. Try the waters in between the northern tip of Bribie Island and Moffat Headland this week for mackerel and around Moffat beach and Currimundi reef should also be ok if the wind stays down.

Bream and whiting have really turned it on in the past couple of weeks in particular the whiting in the Pumistone Passage. Elbow slappers are taking small yabbies and worms around the weed beds and drop offs close to the channels. There have been a lot of people fishing on the banks off Bribie Island and they have caught their fair share of flathead and bream. Military Jetty has bream on herring and big flathead when fishing with live pike. You will have to get up before sunrise to get the pike. The Boardwalk has trevally, flathead, tarwhine and some quality bream in the early mornings.

Still plenty of mack tuna schools out and about so when all else fails toss out a chrome slug. This week see's a consistant blow of northerly winds so that will slow the reefies right down. Later in the week is without doubt the better time to fish with the moon at its peak and the end of the 'no fish' winds. Have Fun!