Ph: 07 5449 8099
Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 6 Nov 11

Post by Brad » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:46 pm

There is not much to mention on the fishing front at the moment particularly offshore. Things are typical November, with strong northerlies and no fish. There have been a few reports of mackerel and some reef species being taken but overall it is slow and quiet. The estuaries are probably a far safer bet with flathead and whiting being the main stays of the catches lately. The deeper hole around the Boardwalk in Caloundra has big flathead being caught using live mullet or pike and some on herring. Whiting are all around the traps but fresh or live bait are making the difference between a feed and a pickers session. Smaller yabbies and live prawns are the pick or worms if they are available on the day. There are stacks of dart from Noosa North Shore right through to Moffat Beach if you love your beach fishing at the moment.

Trevally are around the pontoons during the tidal changes and both hard bodied and soft plastics have taken their share of fish. MIlitary Jetty and the Gemini pontoon have proved popular of late and it can be difficult to get a spot at certain times of the day. This will continue as we welcome holiday makers over the coming weeks on their annual Christmas breaks. Bribie Island looked like a parking lot on the weekend just gone and it is great to see so many people respecting each others space and taking care of the natural resource. Work the weed bed areas on the evening high tides this week for bream, flathead and whiting and remember to get out early in the morning before the sun comes up for best results. Don't forget that I am always available for a chat or if you have questions just don't be afraid of not getting a response. I answer every email and question sent to me on a weekly basis. If your going offshore make sure you use plenty of berley and don't expect too much during November. Have Fun!

GWA Plan

Re: Weekly Repot 6 Nov 11

Post by GWA Plan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:55 pm

Just letting you know that the water police are out in force and it would be wise to make sure all of your safety equipment is up to date eg flares !!! and a life jacket for every person on board other wise its a $200 fine ! just what I needed, thanks officer

Steved65

Re: Weekly Repot 6 Nov 11

Post by Steved65 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:27 pm

Brad, where is the Gemini Pontoon? thanks Steve