Ph: 07 5449 8099
Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 26 Nov 11

Post by Brad » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:31 pm

Still very quiet ofshore lately with strong northerly winds shutting down any chance of a good fish. Despite the weather and normal November blues there are a few scattered reports of wahoo still being caught around Hutchinsons Shoal and a few spotty mackerel around the northern reef systems. The tuna have certainly shut down and when I was asked on the weekend as to why we are having such a poor run I simply answered by saying that "in normal terms November can be like fishing in a desert but the weather leading up to this time of the year has certainly changed our normal summer run because of the hot, cold, hot and cold conditions we had throughout September and October". This in my opinion has had a big effect on the fishing but come around mid December everything will start to correct itself. In fact it could be as early as the first week in December if the big blow turns up on time this coming Saturday.

The estuaries are full of small bream and whiting. Nearly everywhere you stand there are whiting buzzing around. Flathead are about the drop offs and most are just between the 45cm- 60cm mark. Bigger flathead can be taken around the boardwalk using live herring or pike. along with the last of the bigger bream. Trevally are limited at the moment but don't expect to be able to catch fish in the middle of a scorching day. Try fishing the mornings or evenings for better results. Military Jetty still has bream around it because there are plenty of herring on the tide change near the pylons. The mangrove jack can be found around McKenzies Bridge or along the rock walls near Kawana Island. Currimundi Lake is dead at the moment and needs a really good flush before the holiday season. An interesting week ahead. Have Fun!