Ph: 07 5449 8099
Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 16 Jan 12

Post by Brad » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:17 pm

Some interesting sessions this past week with real hot and cold fishing taking place. One day you are landing plenty of quality reef species like sweetlip and red throat and the next all you can see is fish but no takers. On the other scale there are spanish mackerel around in numbers but trying to get them to take a live bait or a lure can be frustrating. It seems to be the same everywhere at the moment and the best way to get around this is to fish the tide changes for best chances. The closer reefs are worth a troll on the tide and of course anchoring with some floaters and mid water baits will also increase your chances of taking home a pelagic. Amberjack and big kingfish are around so make sure your gear is up to scratch. Sunshine Reef has had its share of mackerel but I would not be travelling that far as around the Gneerings offers exactly the same opportunites at this time of the year. Try areas like Murphys and Caloundra Wide for pearl perch, snapper and moses perch. There are still tuna schools around the area and they are always worth a cast.

The estuaries also have some big fish lurking around because of the plentiful bait situation so be ready for a mammoth fight. Whiting are the order of the week right around the Sunshine Coast with some absolute elbow slappers being caught in the Pumicestone Passage last week. Fresh blood worms have turned out to be the number gun bait and if you want to give them a go have a try at popping early in the morning for them. Whiting as you know can be very agressive and they will attack a popper with some serious clout. Bream and trevally around the Boardwalk and Military Jetty with mangrove jack being taken withing Pelican Waters canal and around the bridge. Currimundi Lake is quiet but still the occassional jack and bream can be taken. Have Fun!

Dylan wantstofish

Re: Weekly Report 16 Jan 12

Post by Dylan wantstofish » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Do u have any news about the Caloundra Bar cause i'am wanting to have a fish around there, and i want to know what is happening around there at the moment, and i bait fish so what would be good bait for all species that are there.

Thanks Dylan