Ph: 07 5449 8099
Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 2 Apr 12

Post by Brad » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:41 pm

More of the same this week but with just a little difference, That's right we finally got some fishing in, all be it away from the Sunshine Coast but we managed 3 spanish mackerel and one small mahi mahi out in the blustery conditions Saturday afternoon. The winds are really up there this coming week along with the sees and with the full moon in around Thursday it would be great to have a crack outside but I am not sure that would be wise. If you are gong to try then get your self some big livies or mack tuna to rig up for the large spanish mackerel which are working within reach of the coast line at the moment. The reefies I would not even bother will because being anchored in this rough stuff can really make the day a lot less fun that you would think.

The esutaries are just a constant coffee colour so if you are planning a trip into the Pumistone Passage I would suggest to use bright and dark covered plastics and livies. With these you will be trying to create shadow for passing species. Live poddy mullet is still the way to go off the Boardwalk area in Caloundra and along Bulcock beach on the top and run out of the tide. Trevally, flathead and queenfish are all chances on the right day. Whiting and bream can be taken around the sand bars at Happy Valley if you can get in between the para sailors. live bait will be the best option so use it where you can and try to stay out of the wind when you can. Have Fun!