Ph: 07 5449 8099
Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 27 May 12

Post by Brad » Sun May 27, 2012 9:09 am

This cold weather spurts has really bought on the snapper with some 7+kg fish being taken in the past week. BY all counts it appears that we are off to a cracking start with the snapper and from my piles of fishing diarys it has been a long time coming. The 12 mile at Caloundra and areas around Murphy's have been fishing well with plenty of tuskfish, sweetlip and emperor to be taken. BOth the 5 mile and 7 mile reefs are also giving up snapper and plenty of other species. The northern tip of Bribie is the spot to catch mulloway at the moment. The big pocket that has been cut away because of the Caloundra Bar seems to have manufactured a safe area for fish. Whiting and bream are also mixed in amongnst the species calling this area home at the moment. The beaches have been a little rough but still dart and bream are around with smaller tailor being taken into the evenings.

Sadly the week ahead is a write off for offshore fishing but the estuaries are providing plenty of entertainment with flathead and corker bream being caught around the known haunts. Mulloway are within the Pumistone Passage and working the deeper water areas into the evening will prove most successful. Large green prawns are one of the baits I love to use unless you enjoy casting a good sized hard bodied lure around all night. I reckon over the coming weeks there will be a few quality snapper taken within the estuaries so don't leave your rods unattended without first securing them. Could even be a good tip to visit one of the dams in the coming week and have a shot at a few bass. Have Fun!