Ph: 07 5449 8099
Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 5 Aug 12

Post by Brad » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:52 pm

Certainly got some fishing in this week but it was not anywhere as good as I had hoped for. There are pearlies around the deeper water areas of Wide Caloundra and the Barwon Banks along with amberjack and kingfish but overall in the shallow water areas it was like a desert. The bait fish were few and far between and the big balls of fish on the sound were often trevally or other small reef species. Without livies it is difficult to get on to the bigger fish and it remained frustrating to be able to watch them feed on the bait but not be able to get some to tak a bait. This week there will be a chance to fish but towards the end of it you will need to pack the boat away as big seas and winds are coming up ahead. The Gneerings is still a viable option on the evening tidal run for snapper and hussar but if you really want to score then try out around the deeper 85m marks and beyond. There have been reports of tuna running around Noosa and Coolum areas which will be a good option for his week if they hang around. Obviously that is where the bait is!

The estuaries still have flathead and bream in numbers along with schools of sea mullet. The pro's have been getting a few good hauls of sea mullet from Kings Beach lately so try mullet strips for bream and other species. Whiting are still at large and concentrating along the drop off bank on the Bribie side of the passage. Miltary Jetty has been the spot for bream and happy moments and a few have been taken on the walk way around the Pelican Waters bridge. That area always gets my lures and my guess is that it would be the same snag everytime. The Boardwalk and Happy Valley are your best options this week with the darker moon phase for mulloway and tailor so give these areas a try. Should be an entertaining week if nothing else. Have Fun!
Attachments
Copy of IMG_2891.JPG