Ph: 07 5449 8099
Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 20 Feb 13

Post by Brad » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:30 pm

Not a lot to report because of the weather. Great to get some rain though! The weather will slightly improve next week with a run of northerlies and moderate seas. This will give some the chance to head out around Wide Caloundra and the Barwon Banks to chase wahoo, tuna and billfish. It may a little touch and go but its not all about catching as we all know. For me it will be a matter of finding the bait schools and fishing them with everything I can get down there. I imagine that during the full moon phase things should really come on.

The reefs will be worth a look and a short trip out to marks on Murphy's, the Gneerings and the Caloundra 5 & 7 mile reefs will be a food idea, weather permitting. The reefies will be on the tooth on the tide changes paritcularly around dawn and dusk. Sunshine Reef will be worth a look as it will be a little more protected with a run in close to shore from Mooloolaba but keep a sharp eye out for debris in the water.

The rivers and canals are really dirty but don't give up on them. Remember that big fish come in around the shallow areas to get bait under the cover of dirty water. Big barra have been caught in the Maroochy River system as predicted recently but I can not understand why blokes keep big barra or any barra for that matter that they get in that system. Leave them there and let's see what happens over the coming years. A photo lasts a long time, so take one and return them to the water. Plenty of bream and trevally around the canals with mangrove jack turning up all around the traps. Soft plastics and blades have accounted for a good number of fish over the 2kg mark but the fresh down the back streams has caused some issues. A big change coming in the next week so be ready. Have Fun!