Ph: 07 5449 8099
Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 19 Mar 13

Post by Brad » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:59 pm

In case you missed it the weekend was a great opportunity to get out and wet the bottom of the boat. Of course there were plenty of reels that needed some loosening up as well and what a relief it was. Those that went to the Tinnie and Tackle show, I hoped you enjoyed it. For me I always enjoy anything with fishing but I was a little flat when I left it this year and frankly I enjoyed the 4WD component far better. There were a lot of areas that needed some work but hey, that's just my opinion. Overall the 20 plus minute walk from the parking bay, which cost more than the price of me and the mates admission to the show, helped me too shred a few kilos so it can't be all that bad.

The fish were on around a few of the reefs and squire were the order of the day. Pearl perch, tuskfish and moses perch took a few baits but there was not a lot of size amongst them. Livies could be found around the wrecks and I saw two nice cobia that were caught around Wide Caloundra on yakkas and one very nice kingie. Jigging on the Kosi resulted in some nice fish but only on the very early morning tide. The 3 sisters near the middle of the Barwon Banks had some pelagics hanging around but I believe livies would have made the difference on the day. Floating out one under a balloon at anchor would have been very successful in hind site. Not a lot of surface activity but if the weather holds we should be in for a real treat coming up towards this weekend. Look for the fish on the changing tides around dawn and dusk for best results and if you are right into quality then spend time chasing live fresh bait like yakkas and squid. Work the drop of areas around the Gneering Shoals for the chance at a late mackerel or two and have plenty of livies out around the tide changes.

The estuaries have plenty of mangrove jack and the season should see us through to the mid of April if the temperatures hold for us. Lures, livies and plastics will give you all the best chances to score. The canals around Twin Waters and the Maroochy River have been the pick of the areas for them and when everything else slows down there are plenty of bream to tackle around the place. Flathead have kept anglers busy this season and if I have to pick a favorite they would be it for soft plastic fishing anyday. In case you missed the news there are plenty of quality muddies about and while the rain hangs around they will continue to move around more freely so get your pots in the water. Try the back reaches of Bli Bli, the Maroochy River and the Pumistone Passage for bet chances to bag a few tasty ones. The surf area around Happy Valley is still producing whiting on the ebb tide and smaller dart. Trevally are within the passage but your best chances are within the Pelican Waters canal areas.
What a week ahead....make sure you get out and put a line in the water. Have Fun