Ph: 07 5449 8099
Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 26 Apr 13

Post by Brad » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:11 pm

What an excellent week for fishing right across the Sunshine Coast area with everything from bass to big mackerel being taken. Offshore there were boats around everywhere chasing mackerel and tuna amongst the many bait schools that were working on the surface. Still reports coming in of mackerel and mulloway around the spoil grounds and the coffee rock areas down from the lighthouse area being taken. Tuna were working the baitschools from Brays Rock through to Sunshine Reef and boy were there some big ones amongst them.

The reefies were also on the chew and a number of quality pearl perch and squire were taken. There were also a number of nice tuskfish caught around Wide Caloundra and on the top end of the banks some quality snapper to 4kg have been consistantly coming aboard. Big kingfish are hanging around the wrecks and worth droppng a jig down amongst them. Big 7inch soft plastics will also work well provided you have the jigheads to get down to them. Work the shallow reefs around 30-40ft this week on the full moon change. Always good to fish the changing tides and take enough weight to counter run.

The estuaries are full of small bream and flathead particularly around the pontoons and jetty areas. The bream can be taken on everything from pieces of bread through to fresh bait so you don't have to be too specific. One thing that is getting noticeable is how tame the number of bream are because of holiday makers and locals feeding them everyday. I personnally don't believe that this is a good thing and control measures need to be put into place to stop this in certain areas. Natural food supplies are plentiful for the fish and filling up on things like pellets and bread just can't be good for them.

I am after and photos that you may have of estuary fish you have recently caught in the Pumistone Passage or offshore, I am doing a feature article on Caloundra and I need more pictures to put in the magazine. If you HAVE A PICTURE please send it through to me at the following email address:
fishingcaloundra@yahoo.com.au If any photos or pictures can be over 1mb in size that would be terrific. Please spell out all names of the people in the pics.
Should be a good week ahead for estuary anglers again so spend the time to hunt the fish. Have Fun!