Ph: 07 5449 8099
Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 12 May 13

Post by Brad » Sun May 12, 2013 9:10 am

Another top week ahead on the fishing front. The tides in between the full and new moon phases offer smaller tidal flows and suit quite a few styles of fishing. Reef species will be a good target in the coming weeks along with beach and estuary species like mulloway. The darkness will assist in allowing the bigger predators to sneek in to the shallow areas to het the bait so choose times when the tide changes match the evening or very early morning periods for best results. The passage has plenty of bream around the pontoons and jetties and if you don't want to get your feet wet then Military Jetty or the Boardwalk are good options.

Flathead along the sand flats outside of the Caloundra Powerboat Club along with whiting. Dart and whiting on the surf side of Happy Valley and plenty of chopper tailor smashing bait schools around the traps. Try flicking a popper on the surface to get into a great fight in the early mornings. Mulloway around the southern end of Bells creek and within areas like the Cod Hole in the Maroochy River and at both bars. Dart, bream and tailor on the beaches along with a few bar tailed flathead.

Offshore there are still spanish mackerel around Wide Caloundra and Sunshine Reef along with snapper, pearl perch, hussar and stacks of other species. Big kingfish around the wrecks both yellowtail and cobia. Live baits are the best for these but a simple jig with nail them if you are prepared to put in the work. Schools of tuna are still available to target across the Sunshine Coast area so keep an eye on the birds as they will not be around for long. Coral trout are also being taken around Sunshine Reef for those that are prepared o put in the time and effort in catching them. Fresh bait really helps and by working the immediate area thougherly you will succeed.

A great week ahead weather wise, for all types of fishing, so get your gear reading for the turning point on the winter species run. Have Fun!
I AM STILL LOOKING FOR A REPORTER TO TAKE MY PLACE DOING A SUNSHINE COAST REPORT A COUPLE OF TIMES A MONTH. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED CALL ME 0415980497

Gotcha

Re: Weekly Report 12 May 13

Post by Gotcha » Fri May 17, 2013 2:21 pm

Hey brad how are you mate just wondering what's the easiest way to post a picture of the mud crabs I've been catching and is there a way I can personally message you with information about fish and crabs myself and my partner have been catching so you can put it in one of your reports

Brad
Reporter

Post by Brad » Wed May 22, 2013 2:19 pm

Absolutely, just email them to me at fishingcaloundra@yahoo.com.au and let me know some details and I will get them in for you.
Brad

Gotcha

Post by Gotcha » Wed May 22, 2013 6:32 pm

Okay no worrys mate will do ill do it and send them to you today