Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 15/2/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:37 pm

February 13
Many keen anglers have stuck to the rivers and with great success too. The run out tide is the best for me. The cloud cover will help the fish feel protected enough to come out of hiding. There are some nice Bream around the fleet of pro boats on the other side of the water if you have a kayak or a small boat. Minyama Island and in the canals are producing some good trevally and the odd little queenfish. In the dirty water dark paddle tail soft plastics and pink are working well. There have been a few small jacks caught in the Mooloolah and a few bigger ones in the Maroochy rivers.

February 14
Morning report:
The rivers are fishing well and the mud crabs are out to play. There have been a couple caught out of the canals but the upper reaches of the Maroochy and Mooloolah have pulled a few nice buck. A few good secret spots in the Pumicestone Passage has worked well and I know around the mouth of Coochin Creek has had some luck. Bream and trevally are catching the eyes of onlookers along the banks of the Mooloolah River canals as they are feeding hard against the banks on what looks to be small herring and prawns.
Afternoon report:
The best place to fish is still in the estuaries. With there being some wild weather way off the coast it is still pushing some wind and swell in our direction. Please do not fish off the rocks in such weather as there was a report of one guy losing his gear and almost himself off the rocks last night. 2m Swells and rock fishing on the open side do not work well. The rivers are opening up to some quality fish. The variety that has been reported have been magnificent. it is great to see a lot of catch and release anglers out and about.

February 15
Fishing the rivers is whats needed and after some of the fresh water feeding system it will be good for crabbing and prawns. Trevally and Bream are hitting bait hard up in the canals with the main river still holding good bream and golden trevally. I just checked out the river at labalsa park; it is looking pretty clean and clear. Well worth a flick. Saw some big bream and whiting around the boat ramp with mullet on the surface too. If I had the time I would be having a crack with some plastics and prawns would be my bait of choice.

Dean Lovelock

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au