Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 31/3/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:26 pm

March 30
There have been reports of some Beautiful fish being caught along the coast over the long weekend with Marlin, Wahoo and Mackerel on the Barwon bank and Caloundra Wides and the odd big Mahi Mahi around the Sunshine coast fishing Club FAD(Fish Atracting Device) along with reports of quality Grass Sweetlip,Tuskfish and Snapper on the inner reefs such Coolum Reef,Gneerings and Currimundi Reefs.
The Rivers have been fishing well for Squid around the mouth of the Mooloolaba River and Trevally have been seen harassing schools of bait in the same area.
The Beach fishing has also been productive with reports of good catches of Dart Whiting and the occational Grass Sweetlip at the Washing Machine and along the Northern end of the Kawana Beach. At the bottom of this page you'll see a few pictures of me and my mates on a trip out to the Barwon Banks on Friday-Saturday. We finally found some fish after a few spots in 100m of water just south of the outer banks just before dawn and by 10am everyone had a healthy feed to go home with and the calm weather meant a very swift ride home.

March 31
Morning report: Caloundra 12 mile and closer have had the best luck for the local reefs while the Gneerings habve generated plenty of fish also. Some may say the weather has been too good and the fish know it. The rivers have had plenty of action also. There is alot of whiting and bream hanging around on the high tides and the squid are around also during the day time which surprised me a little with one caught around lunchtime yesterday. Pike are starting to get on the move as I saw a few around the sand basin at labalsa park yesterday.
Afternoon report: we have been getting fishing reports left right and centre today offshore we have had reports of some larger models of long-Tail tuna busting up from only a kilometre off Point Cartwright all the way to the Blinker and some great Grass Sweetlip on the Gneerings along with Spotty Mackerel and the odd nice Spainish Mackerel being taken on unweighted Pillies and slow trolled Gar, and in and the river mouth there are still Trevally chasing bait and a rumour is getting around of a 15kg Gt taken yesterday around the Mooloolaba River mouth or off the rocks at point cartwright, lots of Dart along kawana beach but reports indicate it maybe a little challenging to find one of keepable size at the moment. There are apparently heaps of small squid around the basin at the moment so definately worth flicking a jig out. The moon is in th Last Quarter as of tonight so only another week or so to my favourite time to fish the New Moon.

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au
KawanaMar301.jpg
KawanaMar302.jpg
KawanaMar303.jpg