Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 26/4/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:01 pm

April 23
Morning report: the Gneerings will be the only place early this morning and than it will be all river from then on. Lucky the rivers have been performing with some great whiting and flathead caught around the Passage and Currimundi Lake. The Maroochy River has had plenty of whiting, flathead and bream from the banks at Picnic Point, Goat Island and the Cod Hole. The Mooloolah River seems to have the best variety of fish caught with small fingermark, bream and trevally caught around the trawlers and bridges. The Boat ramp and the basin have been holding some whiting, flathead, golden trevally and pike with the odd squid caught on the rocks around the basin also. The best baits for the rivers have been small pillies, whitebait, worms and pillies.
Afternoon report: The rivers are in a good state with a video shown to me this morning (by a local youngster who is mad keen on fishing). This is where it surprised me a bit, the boils from what could have been some big Trevally and Queenfish or even possibly Mackerel hitting baitfish. The young lads threw a few lures in with none getting landed. The fish were too big for the 3000 size reels and busted them off in quick concession leaving plenty of lures in the water. Hopefully I will get the video and post it up some time this week.
The basin has shown plenty of promise with whiting and pike caught with a few small trevally been spotted also. With the wind and swell picking up Labalsa Park will be a great destination this weekend.
Offshore saw little boats heading out but reports came in from Tom on his yak saying there were plenty of Tuna just out off Pt Cartwright.
Kawana23Apr.jpg
Tom with a nice Mack Tuna caught from the Yak today.
April 24
Seems to be plenty of fish being caught offshore, with a wide variety also. The beach looks really nice as well, with a fair few nice deep gutters forming.
Obviously the canals and river will be very sheltered today so there will be no problems finding somewhere for a flick.
Tide is rising at the moment and expected to reach its peak at roughly 9am, with a low at about 3pm this afternoon.
My pick would be to stay in the canals or even off the beach is you were umming and arrring about going out offshore today. With it being a perfect run out tide for flicking for a few flatties or trevors. The bait schools should be falling back of the edge with the run out tide and those type of preditors just lurking off the bank ready to destroy and little soft plastic or even a well present bait.

April 25
I recommend fishing the canals on a falling tide, the bait fish seem to get swept over the ledges with the preditors, Flathead,Bream and Trevally just lurking in the deeper water. So if you do go out dont think the big fish are out as far as you can cast, their actually probably right at your feet at the colour change from shallow to deep.
Whiting also love a falling tide as it surge of water running out seems to dislodge alot of food the whiting eats from the sand.
Dont discount the canals guys i love fishing in them. They are a challenge and a mixed bag so will always keep you guessing. There are big fish in the canals but are somewhat few and far between. So be prepared to put in the time and work to get them.
KawanaApr25.jpg
Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au