Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 20/5/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri May 20, 2016 4:15 pm

May 18
Mackerel have gone a little quiet over the last few days but are still being taken on deep trolled fresh or live baits around the boils, in the Rivers the Flathead are really coming on with the run-out tide producing the most fish on plastics worked along the edge of the sandbanks also a few nice squid are being taken at times around the rock walls at the mouth of the river with first and last light on the high tide being the best times.

May 19
Most of those who didn't get out for a fish this morning are heading out now as the shop has been super busy again today with folks heading out for a look off-shore, there are reports of some lovely Grass Sweetlip and pan-size Squire(juvinile Snapper) on Cartwright shoal just out off the point and at the the Gneering shoals, The Mackerel are still around but have gone a little quiet so i recommend deep trolled baits or Livies on and around the Bait Schools, there have been reports of good numbers of Yakkas around Old Woman Island so that's worth a try for live-baits.
KawanaMay19.jpg
A nice box of Grass Sweetlip and Squire taken out the front by Sea-Gull and Kerry at their secret spot.

May 20
There have been reports over the last couple of days of the occationally nice Tailor being caught from the gutters along Kawana beach with lot of small Dart and a few nice Bream Making up the Bulk of the catches, in the rivers there have been quite a lot of 40-45cm Dusky Flathead caught which are perfect eating size and one of my favourite treats. Also, I found a video of a huge BlubberLip Bream caught about a month ago from the Mooloolaba trawler pier.

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au