Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 31/5/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:16 pm

May 28
Last weekend was perfect so i decided in taking the big rig out and fight the masses and stayed on the beach. The swell was alot bigger than now and i didnt have a beach rod (just a normal 6'6 rod) and i had a blast using cure worms. I got a few dart the biggest going 49cm a few flatties a couple little whitting and a bream. I was there for 3 hours fishing a little gutter and cleaned up. I think today and tomorrow if the conditions arent like are being predicted and like what they are the beach would be my pic spot. Swell down so easy to get over the breakers and a few gutters to pick from will make for a comfortable days fishing.
Labalsa looks like glass at the moment as well, with plenty of your esturine species getting around. As theres been no rain the water is clear as crystal and my theory is theres not much food washing down the system so the fish should have to search a little harder to find it and hopefully people would a more than reasonable chance the fish that are searching will find your hooks and bait.
KawanaMay28.jpg

May 30
Morning report: There are still big Mackerel around with Tuna hitting the surface too. The waters will be dropping dramatically if the cold nights continue. Big trolled Slimies are doing the damage on large Spanish Mackerel. The same large slimies rigged on a double snell rig cut in half on an angle has worked for big cod and large Snapper out at the banks.
Afternoon report: There are a few Mahi Mahi out wide with some Mulloway caught inside the rivers along the beachfront and offshore. Big Spanish Mackerel have been caught with some consistency since the last New moon phase and the sweetlip are ever present. A good burley trail works well and don't forget to take a squid jig with you.
KawanaMay30.jpg
Norm has had great success over the last six weeks and trolling our large Slimies have landed him some fantastic fish.

May 31
The beach fishing has been an easy access to some nice fish. Offshore has still seen some Mackerel off Pt Cartwright with plenty of bait around the tuna are still hitting the surface and hopefully will improve catch rates around the New Moon phase. Snapper and Pearlies are starting to hit the inside reefs with a lot of undersize but along with them there are plenty of big ones. Burley is a key factor in making it happen for you.

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au