Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 3/6/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:25 pm

June 1
Morning report: The beaches will be the place to hit on the landbased side of thing before the wind and the swell arrive in a few days. The early morning westerlies and run out tides are the easiest times to fish the surf. Keep persisting with offshore as the big preditors are still around. There are some big spanish around and they are in close. Best bait is a very large Slimy either floating or trolling. Snapper and Pearl Perch are hitting Caloundra Wide and there are some nice ones being caught on the inside reefs of Currimundi and Caloundra 9 Mile.
Afternoon report: There have been some reports of good numbers of Flathead in our rivers over the last few days withe soft plastics being like the Motor oil 2.5" SwimZ doing the damage, A few really good size Bream Have been taken in "The Pocket" and my Favourite strategy is a Small Ganged Pilly on as lighter sinker as possible right on dawn casted from the rocks at Point Cartwright back towards Kawana beach as the high tide is very early morning and the start of the run out is right on dawn.

June 2
The cloud cover should get the fish in the rivers on the chew along with a bit of a flush out with some fresh water we should be looking at some really good river fishing while the winds are up and the reef's are more or less off limits. Our pics for today are a PB Maori cod taken by Gerard on a day out with adventure fishing Charters, and Lochie and his mate who have been catching some great and varied Trevally from around the trawlers in the Mooloolah river.
KawanaJun2.jpg
KawanaJun2_2.jpg
KawanaJun2_3.jpg

June 3
an overcast morning meets us this morning with showers all along the coast for the next couple of days looking set to continue with the wind and swell forecast to peak tomorrow around lunch time, the swell has a lot of surfers excited and the wind is almost non-exsistent at Kawana beach at the moment with the swell sitting at around 1.5m by my guess, i know i have said this a lot about this over the last few days but the Barometer will drop over the weekend and the fishing in our rivers along with the new moon this weekend and the overcast weather should create a recipe for some great fishing action, and the rain giving the river systems in the local area a flush out shouldn't hurt at all either. Here is another picture that was sent into us by Lochie of a Golden Trevally they caught the other day.
KawanaJun3.jpg
Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au