Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 17/6/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:35 pm

June 14
A few anglers have hit the rivers in recent days. The reports back have been fantastic. There are bream and trevally working the Maroochy and Mooloolah Rivers. Soft plastics are working great on both species with a slow twitch and retrieve working well. Mullet gut and mullet fillets have been working as a great bait and whitebait have landed a few small flathead.
KawanaJune14.jpg
Young Connor with a fantastic 47cm Trevally caught on light gear.

June 15
Morning report: There are plenty of Trevally and Bream getting around the Mooloolah and Maroochy Rivers with the Pt Cartwright headland an awesome spot to have a crack for some school Mackerel, big Trevally, grunter and squire but be warned that it isn't ideal until the swell drops and fish the outgoing tide for safety reasons.
There are whiting in the basin off Labalsa Park snd the boat ramp is producing plenty of bream. The trawlers have been fantastic for trevally and huge bream on plastics. The Cod hole at the Maroochy River is the place to get the variety there with flathead, bream, whiting and the odd Jew fish.
Afternoon report: Big winter Bream are here in good numbers along the beach and in the rivers with the top of the tide and the start of the run-out being the best ime to fish for them and Mullet gut chicken gut or Prawn being amoungst some of the best baits, also there have been reports of big bream and Tailor along the Kawana Beach and "The Pocket" once again at high tide.

June 16
Morning report: It looks like a bit of a dreary weekend ahead but don't worry as there is always good fishing to be had around here with plenty of sand crabs and the odd late season muddy in the rivers and there is usually a bridge around you can use as cover to get out of the rain,
but wear a jumper as it looks like being a cold couple of days.
Afternoon report: with lots of rain already falling right across the coast and more on the way the crabs should be getting a good flush out from all the creeks around here, so my advice is to get some chicken frames and zip-tie them into your pot along with a fish frame and drop a couple in at your favourite spot.

June 17
The conditions don't look as bad as i would have expected and there have been a few customers in this morning who are heading out for a look on the inner reefs and with reports of some big snapper in close why wouldn't you, i heard a report yesterday of a 91cm snapper being taken in 100feet of water not far from Mooloolaba river heads which certainly makes me keen to get out there, early morning tomorrow might give folks a chance to get out there but the North-easters look like picking up as the day goes on.

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au