Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 1/7/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:06 pm

June 27
Morning: There have been some great reports coming in of big jewfish being caught along our beaches with worms or mullet fillet being the most effective baits and the top of the tide being the best time, also the quality of Snapper has been exciting also with quite a few 70cm+ model being shown off.
Afternoon: The word is that the gar are back in the river and there are Black fish/Luderick to be had fromthe rocks at Point Cartwright from an hour before the high tide if you can get yourself some cabbage weed from the rocks just below the low.
Here is our mate Damien Wood with a nice Snapper he caught on floated baits last night.
KawanaJun27.jpg

June 30
There have been reports of some big Squid getting around at the gneerings which has me excited so don't forget to have a jig at the ready. and there have been mutiple reports of unstopable fish at the Gneerings which we can only speculate on what they were but they are more commonly being caught on floated gang pillies and squid.
For our pic for today we have Lochie Sweedman with a absolute stonker of a GT that caught in the Mooloolaba River the other day measuring 550mm.
KawanaJun30.jpg

July 1
I don't like rough water so at the moment i would stay in close and have a go for some Snapper and Sweetlip and throw a couple of float lines with big livies on them in hope of a chance at one of the big Cobia that are getting out there at the moment. The Mooloolaba river has been producing some good numbers of Flathead on ganged small Pillies and there are bream everywhere at the moment and Blackfish are being caught on the last of the run in tide along Point cartwright rocks and the Mooloolaba river Rock wall. Here's a pic of a few great fish taken out off Mooloolaba today.
KawanaJul1.jpg

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au