Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 14/7/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:32 pm

July 10
There are plenty of snapper close in around the Gneerings and Coolum has plenty of squire and grass sweetlip. The Mooloolah Rock walls and Pt Cartwright have ssen some Tailor action with a few small Jew caught on strip baits. The Bream are in great numbers with the beaches holding the best catches above 40cm with the rivers holding on consistently over 35cm.
Here we have some photos sent in by Aaron with some good sized fish and a seafood basket too. A rookie for the area asked James a few questions about fishing off Mooloolaba and with that decided to put his fishing knowledge and James' advise to cover some ground on a slow drift around the Gneerings.
KawanaJul10_1.jpg
KawanaJul19_2.jpg

July 12
Morning report: I'm getting excited about the tailor that are starting show up around the area with some nice catches being reported along the coast. It seems you have to put in the time and be there at the right time and place.
Afternoon report: a few Squire have been repirted to be around on the close reef's with burley being the key to really getting them feeding,
and the rivers are producing some nice Flathead with the flats up-stream from Mackenzies bridge being mentioned.

July 13
Morning report: The rivers should really start to fire up with winter species as i anticipate the water temp to drop a little over the next week bring the big Bream on the chew even more than they already are, i have had multiple reports of good numbers of Bream over 30cm being caught around the trawlers in the Mooloolaba river.
Afternoon report: Bream off the rock wall at the mouth of the Mooloolaba river and the odd Spottie Mackerel Fathead and Whiting in the Basin and Dart and the Chance of a Tailor in the gutters along kawana beach.

July 14
Morning report: I have had reports of some nice catches of Jew and Snapper on our in- shore reefs such as Coolum Reef and Currimundi Reef but the weather may not permit access to these areas for the next few days. Fishing in the Mooloolaba river should be increasingly good as water temps continue to drop the Bream should be everywhere.
Afternoon report: There were some great Jew Snapper and cod caught on Coolum reef last night and Tailor are still being reported along the beach along with Bream and Dart but where i would be heading is the sand banks at high tide in the rivers with ganged pillies n soft plastics(my fav is Zman 2.5" grubs in either greasy-prawn or watermelon red flake)and target the great number of beautiful eating Flathead that i am hearing about.

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au