Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 19/8/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:30 pm

August 18
i have seen a few people in the shop buying bait in preparation to spend the afternoon on the inshore reefs such as The Gneerings, Murphy's, Currimundi and Coolum reefs. Reports of some good pan-size Snapper caught around Murphy's and Currimundi reef and few Grassies and the odd Pearl Perch making up the mixed bag. The swell looks as thought it may hang around the 1.3-1.4m mark for most of the weekend but hopefully the wave interval will be nice and long enabling keen fisho's such as myself to get out on saturday which at this stage is my pick for the weekend.

August 19
There are a few nice gutters forming along the North end of Kawana beach but if you go down for a fish there be very careful of the powerful surf conditions that look set to continue right across the weekend,i got a report of a great Golden Trevally caught by a friend yesterday afternoon along LaBalsa Park stretch of the the Mooloolah river i'm informed that it weighed around the 4kg mark and fell to a half a large Fresh herring on a single hook. some big Bream and Whiting are still being caught in the Mooloolah river but the true elbow slapper Whiting have been caught on the flats up in the upper reaches of the River.

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au