Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 6/9/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:28 am

Sep 3
Out wide there are still a lot of squire about and a few good Jew have been caught scattered along most of the grounds. Cobia and King Fish are showing their pelagic instinct and are being caught on plastics and jigs.

Sep 4
The beaches have some nice holes and gutters and are definately worth a try using beach worms and small pillies. The Mooloolah River has had a good run of flathead and trevally with plenty of whiting caught along Labalsa Park aswell. The Maroochy has had arguably the best sessions for flathead and the Pumicestone Passage is improving each year also with whiting and flathead caught in good numbers around Golden Beach.

Sep 5
Morning report: The Beaches have some good gutters and there are plenty of Dart caught over the weekend on the falling tide. The Mooloolah River has had a large number of whiting and flathead caught around the flats past Bridge Seafood with Trevally caught arout the bridge also. Bream are in every location which has some sort of structure. The Maroochy is the best location for some quality flathead and the Pumicestone Passage has been earmarked as the go to spot for Whiting. Currimundi Lake has had some good catches in a few hidden spots only accessible by kayak.
Afternoon report: With the conditions not the greatest for beach and offshore this week we should be hitting the water along the river banks and canals. If a little rain is around hiding under the bridges will be a good option. Fishing at Labalsa Park at Pt Cartwright will be a good option too as there is plenty of shelter there if the rain does come while you are fishing. Last Friday I took my not even 3yr old fishing with his first very own fishing rod. It was blowing about 30 knots at the boat ramp. We were only chasing the small bream but we caught 5 fish within an hour easily. It was very entertaining for him but also myself as I reckon I have a fishing buddy for life.

KawanaSep5.jpg
Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au