Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 9/9/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:48 am

Sep 7
Fishing along Labalsa Park and the boat ramp with prawns will give you plenty of fish, although not epic ones. There are heaps of Bream around and whiting are starting to get more active as well. There is alway a chance of a nice flatty and golden trevally too.
The fishing has been hot along the coast in the last week coming off the back of the new moon. although the weather has not been terrific it looks as though there may be a window for the off-shore fisherman this weekend and early next week. In other news the water temp seems to be on the rise again with reports of 23 degrees off-shore already so we are very near the end of Snapper season, especially for the shallower in-shore reefs. there are still a few Snapper and Pearlies to be had but get in quick before they retreat to the deeper waters.
KawanaSep7.jpg
A nice feed of Bream and a Whiting from the Maroochy river caught by Courey.
KawanaSep7.jpg (10.25 KiB) Viewed 599 times
KawanaSep7_2.jpg
This Gold-Spot Cod was taken near the Gneerings Shoals by local spearo Nathan, who said the fish made a awesome dinner for him and the family.

Sep 8
Morning report: The Summer Whiting are really on the chew with the first of the run-in tide being my pick of time and our 'Sure Strike" Beach worms being one of the best baits i have ever tried, It's like the river will be the place to fish for the next couple of days with the wind forecast to drop off on sunday at this stage to give the off-shore fisho's such as myself a chance to get out for a fish.
Afternoon report: The weather looks like it is still going drop off Sunday so i bet there will be more than a few people heading out to the reef in search off a feed. Reports lead me to believe there have been some nice Jewfish being taken around the Gneerings and Point Cartwright Shoals with the odd Squire and Grassy in the mix, but i will probably head to the Caloundra Wide Reefs in search of some tasty Pearlies and Snapper, The Summer/Sand Whiting have seemed to be prolific at the moment along the beaches and in the Mooloolah river, and i spoke to some fella's this afternoon who got a nice feed of bream from around the Trawlers today, there are still a few Tailor being caught from the beach and the rocks at the mouth of the river and Point Cartwright.
KawanaSep8.jpg
Some good Whiting caught by Megan and her partner recently.
Sep 9
We've once again had reports of Big Bream being taken around the Trawlers and some really solid Giant Trevally,Big Eye Trevally and also the tasty Golden Trevally, they are also chasing bait at high tide along the rock wall at the mouth of the Mooloolah river and be sure to take a squid jig as there have been multiple sightings of big squid along the rock wall on the run-out tide, if you do get out off shore over the weekend be sure to hedge your bets by deploying a float line as well as weighted lines to enable you to fish multiple levels of the water column.

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au