Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 13/9/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:33 am

September 10
Morning report: The rivers and estuaries will be ramping up after the recent downfall in rain. The crabs should start to get their march on soon now we have entered spring. The Bream are still quite thick with whiting and flathead caught with more regularity. Offshore will be on most boaties minds as we have just had possibly one of the best periods for roughing the sea bed floor up for quite some time. The Snapper should still be around with tusk fish and pearlies as well. We are entering the transition period so it wouldn't surprise me to see the odd Mackerel starting to be caught with every chance of a good selection of live bait out there too especially with the extra bit of nutrients coming from the rivers. My pick would be North End 12 mile and Murphys after the rain.
Afternoon report: Some big Bream,Golden Trevally and Whiting have been caught today along LaBalsa Park and some solid GT's around the Trawlers and along the Mooloolah river rock wall. This photo has been supplied by a Ren Gagui and his friend Michael, who caught a terrific feed of Bream, Golden Trevally and Squid. This Bream measured 41cm and weighted 1.02kg.
KawanaSep10.jpg

September 11
Morning report: There is a northerly look in the swell which should bring the Tailor back into the Kawana Beaches, and the better places to hit are at The Pt Cartwright headland and towards the Kawana Surf Club. The fish are biting around Labalsa Park with a few good Bream landed and a nice 41cm (over 1kg) caught yesterday at the boat ramp. There have been flathead and whiting caught from the boat ramp up towards the Basin. The River mouth would be my tip on the run out tide to fish for some Tailor using whole pilly's. Offshore has now hit the transition period and we will see more and more species of the summer variety come in to chase the bait schools. The rain has helped bring these schools in so it would be a bonus to get some feed back of whats happening out on the water. The rough weather would have stirred the bottom and hopefully fired up the snapper and pearlies for a late season session.
Afternoon report: With the storm last night and the extra heavy rainfall we received around the Mooloolaba catchment. I predict the fishing will be good for land based and offshore. Fish as far as the 12 mile and murpheys but I don't believe that going to the banks or caloundra wide will help. The fish maybe hanging in close trying to get sit on the edges of the flush out of the coastline. This Northerly swell hopefully will push the bait in close and the Tailor as well. There have been scattered catches along the beach and the Mooloolah River mouth. Otherwise there are plenty of bream, whiting and flathead in the Maroochy Mooloolah Rivers.

September 12
Offshore fished well with snapper harder to come by this weekend. Pearlies were on the chew with a few nice tusk fish also caught. Reports of King Fish and Cobia are starting to enter into the catches. I heard of a couple of big Spanish cleaned at one of the local ramps this weekend so well done to the angler on an early season catch.
The rivers are full of life again after the rain and there are some big bream caught on the change of tides. Flathead catches are rapidly on the increase along the sand banks of the Mooloolah and Maroochy Rivers. There are a few more trevally reports in the Mooloolah River so the sports anglers look out. Best place for whiting seems to be the Pumicestone Passage and the beaches are holding plenty of Dart and have some good gutters formed.

September 13
There are more and more reports of flathead in the Maroochy River at the moment. The Mooloolah River is starting to ramp up as well and the number one way to catch them is with soft plastics covering ground. Tinnies and kayaks are the best way to get a good number of them. Whiting, Bream and the odd Trevally are still terrorising the Mooloolah River. Labalsa Park will be the best place to relax with a rod in the water locally. The beaches have some good gutters and there are plenty of Dart in them. Here's a pic of a good haul sent in by Rose Trinh. I got no details about the catch but it shows they are out there.
KawanaSep13.jpg

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au