Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 16/9/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:42 am

September 14
Morning report: This swell and wind may help push some tailor into the Kawana beach stretch with a few good pockets formed to fish out of this maybe one of the best times to target them off the Mooloolah River mouth and headland.
Afternoon report: the weekend is looking promising so far for the off-shore fisherman. i got out with friends and family on sunday for a trip out wide in our boat and as expected it was a little rough for the first half of the day but it was forecast to improve and improve it did with the winds dropping to around 10knots and around a metre of swell by lunch-time it turned into a beautiful day out on the water, we fished the deep stuff wide of Caloundra from 90-110 metres of water for some lovely pearlies and then headed North to the Barwon Banks for a few mixed reefies and a nice Amberjack to name a few. A great day out.
KawanaSep14.jpg

September 15
With the Full moon on saturday the the Spring(big tides) are in full swing and there have been multiple reports of good fishing all around the coast with the key in my opinion being working the dawn and dusk periods and the change of tide, heaps of big whiting have been taken in the Basin and the pocket and a few early season Spainish are staring to show up on the outer reef's. The upper reaches of the Mooloolah river has been some nice catches of Flathead and solid bream are still being caught around the trawlers and the rocks toward the river mouth.I have seen some pictures of some nice catches taken earlier on this week including Snapper and Tuskfish as close in as Murphy's reef but the better catches have been at the Barwon Banks.

September 16
Most Queensland public schools start school holidays this afternoon and the full moon is tomorrow night and i'm guessing that, along with the good weather forecast for tomorrow, there will be a lot of people getting out over the weekend. Some will chase Whiting along the beaches or Bream and Flathead in the rivers. Many other people i have spoken to are doing making the pilgrimage to Fraser Island for the "tailend" (sorry about that) of the Tailor season.

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au