Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 26/9/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:43 pm

September 22
Morning report: Some nice Whiting have been caught along Kawana beach over the last week and in the rivers i'm excited about the Trevally and the Flathead as a couple of really nice ones of each have been caught so far these school holidays, i think there will be lots of opertunities for boaties to get off shore over the next week, reports of some good Grassie Sweetlip being taken on our in-shore reefs along with a few squire and from reports a lot of small wire-net/honey-comb cod which although most of them are under-size are still fun to keep you occupide when nothing else is happening, as far as the wide conditions go there have been increasing reports of some early season Marlin and Dolphin fish and pleanty of Pearl perch out in the 100-120m east of the Caloundra wides.
Afternoon report: lots of reports of good fish being taken last night on our inner reef's have reached me today and amoungst them Snapper to 72cm and Spangled Emperor to 55cm and i saw a photo today of a 6.5kg Coral Trout that was apparently caught around the Blinker. This photo is from jack, who has just bought his very own boat and has been fishing the inner reef's over the last week with some good mixed bags including Grassy Sweetlip, Snapper and School Mackerel.
KawanaSep22.jpg

September 23
Morning report: there are reports of some nice Snapper being taken on the outter Barwon Banks and some quality Perl Perch been taken in the deep water 120-150m east of Caloundra wides.
Afternoon report: I am begining to hear stories of Mackerel smoking reels at Noosa and today heard of a Approx 15kg Spainish busting a man off after a long fight off Old Woman Island on Wednesday so it's not just the smaller School Mackerel around but a few of their bigger faster toothier cousins,still lots of reports of pan-size Snapper on Murphy's Reef and Pearl Perch, and out wide i would head for the Barwon banks for the early Morning seasion tomrrow morning if i could as the reef fish are starting to get going with mix catches of Snapper,Pigfish,Grassies,Red-throat and Spanglies. if your chasing solid pearlies the caloundra wides i hear are producing the good in the 76m zone early morning. This pic is of Rory O'Brien Aged 9 years old who went fish on a holiday to Fraser Island with his family this week and he and his dad it turns out make a great fishing team, They got stuck into some solid Tailor North of Dundaburra with the dynamic duo catching 6 in under an hour! I don't know what our reader think but i reckon that sounds heaps of fun and i hope to get up there and do the same thing with my son next year!
KawanaSep23.jpg

September 26
Morning report: The sun is blazing down and it has a glorious spring feel. Flicking a few chrome lures for pike, trevally, early season mackerel and the odd tailor would suit. There are still some big nobbies caught with alot of Pearlies in the deeper water. Amber Jack and cobia are readily caught with the odd Jew fish as well on the reefs and wrecks. There is a great mixed bag on offer as there were plenty of tuskies, king fish and cod caught as well. The wider grounds have pulled the best fish and the greatest variety. Although the Gneerings and Murpheys have done well with sweetlip in great abundance closer to shore. The rivers have had plenty of bream, whiting and flathead. The season is in rich form for flathead with too many to count on reports of cracking flathead. There are alot of smaller ones caught but the largest are caught using big baits and soft plastics. Fishing the high tides onshore or offshore will give you the best opportunity to land the big ones. Keep to the change of tides and it should help you with some quality catches.
Afternoon report: There have been plenty of fish caught with the canals and rivers holding a great variety. There are plenty of whiting, flathead and trevally caught along the coast with the Mooloolah River holding a great variety. The best area's to catch a good flathead have been the Maroochy River and Pumicestone Passage. Offshore has seen some cracking species caught with plenty of squire and some big nobbies caught amongst them too. The wider grounds of the barwon banks have produced the best quality of fish from reports. Tusk fish, snapper and pearlies are the main with some big sweetlip around most of the marks. Here we have Jimmy Sterling with a cracking flathead caught on soft plastics.
KawanaSep26.jpg

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au