Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 24/10/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:59 pm

October 21
i have spoken to heaps of people who are planning trips to the close reefs in search of anssing through for some to heading up the beach to TeeWah and to Double Island Point to fish for Bream Whiting And flathead with the slim but exsistant chance of Jagging one of Late season Grean-Backs(Big Tailor) i have been hearing word about and even a few folks who are just planning to stay home and enjoy not working for a couple of days(Boring).
there have been Reports of some nice summer Whiting on the run-in tide in the gutter out the front of the Kawana surf club and a couple of good size dart have been taken down that way as well,Labalsa park is a great spot to take the squids for a fish over the weekend with reports of bream Whiting and flathead being caugh there over the last week(my favour bait/rig is the small pilchards we sell on whole on a small set of gang hook they are lethal).

October 22
This warmer weather will be bringing on the estuary reds. The Mangrove Jack are more prominant with the increase in water temps and I am seeing more and more caught over the last few weeks. Live baits and soft plastics are working really well and the odd strip of mullet at night as well. The Flathead are another species who love the spring weather and they are hiding on the edges of sand banks. Trolling hardbodies very close to the bottom and flicking soft plastics with heavy jigheads has worked a treat. Bream, whiting and flathead are still being picked up in all the local waterways. Trevally are picked up on soft plastics and chrome lures around structure and canal entrances.
Offshore is still seeing plenty of reefies and more reports of Mack Tuna, Mackerel, Wahoo (out wide) and kinfish. These are typical mid to top water species that are definately welcomed this time of the year. Live baits, soft plastics and our Jumbo Pillies are the favourites to target these guys.

October 24
There are some reports of Spanish out on the wide grounds and snapper are still in good numbers and are quite big. Pearlies AJ and kingfish are all being caught with cobia at the wrecks.
The rivers are filling with flathead and whiting as the pilot bream leave. There are still some good bream being caught as I got a couple of 30cm ones on unweighted prawns at the boat ramp last week.

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au