Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 29/10/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:45 pm

October 29
Morning report: The rivers are fighting fit and the water is pretty clear. Labalsa Park has worked well with unweighted prawns on the edge of the current and ledges with a report of some flathead caught trolling hardboddies close to the banks of the Mooloolah River. The Basin has alot of trumpeter whiting (winter) and a few nice elbow slapping sand whiting. Golden Trevally are taking lightly weighted ganged baby Pilly's and the odd prawn as well. I fished the passage yesterday with 2.5in grubz and Zman Streaks and got onto a few bar-tailed flatties. Offshore has had it rough the last few weeks but early reports suggest that we may have a good Mackerel season. We are getting more consistency of first hand reports of Mackerel around the Gneering and the blinker with 12 Mile picking up a few as well. The best way is trolling a deadbait like a garfish or floating a Jumbo Pilly out the back while you fish for the reef. There are plenty of mixed species being boated out there and in quality size as well.

Afternoon report: There has been a few mixed results offshore with an abundance of variety out there but some found it difficult to get to the bottom as there was a fair bit of run in the current with the new moon hitting us on monday. The rivers and estuaries are in good form with the water temps gradually increasing. There are plenty of flathead and Mangrove jack around. I fished gentlemans hours with the family in the pumicestone passage and managed a fewnice bar-tailed flathead and unfortunately a few toadies hahaha. Soft plastics worked a treat and the flathead ranged from 28cm to 34cm. I used 3 types of soft plastics with the different times of the tide forcing a change in lures. I used coconut ice glow in zman streakz 3.75" with great success in cleaner water. I changed to 2.5" zman grubz greasy prawn as it was dynamite last time out but failed to pick anything up. I changed to another grub in the pumpkin seed and continued to catch the fish on the low end of the tide and the water was dirtier. The hot tip is if they aren't biting change something so the ball is in your court.

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au