Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 11/11/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:26 pm

November 10
Morning report: A couple of solid Dart and Bream were caught along Kawana beach this morning on Prawns and Beach Worms as the High tide was just on dawn and there a been a few showers of rain along the coast just before dawn this morning making for great conditions for an early morning fish,with the high tides around dawn and dusk and the moon building to "Super Moon" on monday night it should be a great opportunity to get out for a fish. This is Micheal Mclaunhlan from the Gold Coast with a Beautiful Mangrove Jack he caught down there last week, I hope to get one this year and i believe this weekend should be perfect for a little night fish in the Mooloolah river.
Afternoon report: I will wager this warm weather will raise the water temp over the next couple of days helping to bring the summer speicies on the chew even better,Mangrove Jacks in the river and Mackerel off-shore will hopefully become more active and feed more agressively as the water temperature rises making them easier to catch(hopefully) We have a "Super Moon" coming up on Monday which is a full moon in which the moon passes closer to the earth than normal more light at night and bigger tides for example our area not usually get tides with a run of more than 2 metres but this Monday we will not only get that but more than two metre tides for the two days after our Super Moon on Monday.
KawanaNov10m.jpg

November 11
The reports indicate that off-shore conditions may not be ideal for the weekend but i think many will go out for a look in close hoping for an early morning Mackerel, i am guessing that the rivers will show some terrific catches this weekend from those who don't mind a bit of rain, i am picking that the over cast conditions and the warmer water created by the long hot days recently combined with the building tides as we approach the full moon on Monday night will make for some exciting fishing action indeed, Iam predicting the best fishing time over the next couple of days will be the first of the run-out tide just after dark with a couple of livies swimming around at you favourite spot. In fishing reports there have been some good Flathead being taken around the sand banks abover Mckensie's bridge and if i had to choose where i would sit for the chance of a Mangrove Jack it would be either around the Pontoons where the boats tie up in the Harbour here at Mooloolaba or the deep hole near bridge Seafoods or maybe where the culvit is at twin Waters on the Maroochy River, there are still a few nice Whiting being caught although i have not been getting any reports indicate fishing Coochin creek with live Blood Worms you can't go wrong.

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au