Ph: 07 5449 8099
Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 25/11/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:29 pm

November 23: As we start to look toward the weekend it looks as though the weather may improve to allow an opportunity for off-shore fishing activities(WooHoo). i was talking to a friend today who managed to entice a few School Mackerel to bite last week early in the morning by using a combination of Burley(mushed up Pilchards) floated baits livies and then spinning chrome slugs through the mix, he told me that he got two "reasonable fish" on the slugs but he believes that the other activity he had created by burleying and floating out livies and dead baits had brought the fish to the area.

November 24: There have been reports today of some nice Whiting and good size Dart off the Beach here at Kawana and a Few Mangrove Jack have been taken in Currimundi Creek,the Mooloolaba River has once again this week seen it's fair share of good size bream and Flathead and a report of a couple of solid Golden Trevally being taken from the pontoon near the LaBalsa Park Boat ramp. Off-shore Fishing looks on the agenda still for this weekend with weather conditions forecast to improve from tomorrow afternoon onwards and even though there is the prediction that there will be a bit of the dreaded northerlies around they shouldn't be teribbly strong allowing people to still get out for a fish, if i was heading out this weekend my plans might include the combination of a good burley trail and some live/fresh-baits at first light at the Gneerings Shoals whilst throwing some shiny slugs around.

November 25: The weather this weekend looks like 10-15 knots North/North-East mostly with a 1.1m Easterly swell and the chance of a few isolated showers throughout the day and a small chance of thunderstorm in the afternoon tomorrow, off-shore waters should be fishable for the most part tomorrow with the morning predicted to be better as the weather will tend to deteriorate as the day goes on, There have been reports of the Barwon Banks producing Snapper to 3kg and the odd small Dog-Tooth Tuna and there are a few Dolphin fish around as well. There have been reports of some solid Mangrove Jack being caught around the Pontoons in the Mooloolah river canals and around the bridge pylons and flathead in the mouths of the run-offs.

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au