Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 2/12/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:32 pm

November 28
I would be starting to chase the Mackerel offshore as there are more schoolies coming around. The reports coming in are fishing with a burley trail and floating some pillies are working. Slow trolling X-raps and swimming deadbaits have also worked. The big Spanish aren't around but there are the odd Wahoo and Cobia near the wrecks. Squire are still being caught in the deep water off the Barwon Banks and caloundra Wide.
The rivers are holding some good whiting and flathead. trolling deep divers along the edges of sand banks and drop offs have worked a treat for the flatties. Know your lures, speed and depths to get the most out of them. Soft plastics and have been working for Jacks, flatties and whiting with poppers working well in the shallows and hard up against the banks. Belinda has sent in another photo of some local Golden Trevally caught over the weekend using our baby blue pillies.
KawanaNov28.jpg

November 30
This warm weather and the fact the new moon was last night has produced some truely exciting fishing stories from around the Sunshine Coast area there have been some nice Queenfish captured in both Currimundi Creek and Twin Waters Barrage(where it lets out into the Maroochy river) and i have been told they were taken on TT 1\2oz switchblade vibrating blade lure and small poppers smilar to our Gillies cup-face poppers with the red head and opaque\white body.
There have also been countless reports of some hard fighting Mangrove Jacks really coming on the chew as the water temp continues to rise over the next few days with the best fish being taken on live-baits or plastics fidhed close to structure early morning or late afternoon. we have a
This is a picture of a Dog-Tooth Tuna sent in by Brad Gow and this beautiful fish is one of Several he has caught out at The Barwon Banks over the last couple of months.
KawanaNov30.jpg

December 1
I have had reports this morning of a few Sand Crabs AKA Blue Swimmer Crabs being caught in the bay at Mooloolaba and along Kawana beach just past Point Cartwright and some solid Dart have been caught in the gutters along the Kawana Beach on Beach Worms. Jacks are also taking livebaits around the bridges.
KawanaDec1.jpg
KawanaDec1.jpg (13.81 KiB) Viewed 306 times

December 2
The rain over the last couple of days is just what our waterways need to really everything working and i think its working already as i have already had reports this morning of a couple of MudCrabs being caught here in the Mooloolah river as well as some Blue Swimmers off shore.
i was also speaking to a young fishman this morning who was out early this morning flicking vibes who got a couple of GT's being35 and 42cm and let me tell you they are awesome fun on light gear, he also told me he had caught a small Mangrove Jack (26cm) at "The Bridges" in the Mooloolah river where he beleives there are heaps at the moment as he got "busted off" a few times as well.
KawanaDec2.jpg

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au