Ph: 07 5449 8099
Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
subeditor
Admin

Report 16/12/16

Post by subeditor » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:46 am

Stormy weather has certainly not given us the run off we expected, so if it’s the whiting you’re chasing I would suggest to stay down river. The best producing areas down river have been the Black Banks to Chambers Island. Using worms, yabbies and peeled prawns have produced the quality fish. Twin Waters has seen a lot of action over the past week with top catches of queenies and trevally, these fish perform extremely and love attacking surface lures and baits like live herring. If you are wanting to use a dead bait try the whitebait and place the top of the hook up thru the butt section and out of the mouth this helps hide the hook therefor giving better hook ups. School jew have been showing their heads with most fishing being captured at the cod hole and deeper holes further up river, soft vibes like the Fish Candy Jack Hammers kept right on the bottom have being doing the job. If your chasing flathead, the mouth of Eudlo and Petrie creek having been the best performers on the run out tide. Coolum creek and Dunethin rock seem to be holding the elusive Mangrove jack this week with live bait securing the bigger fish. Suspending hard bodies have been the top style of lure for these toothy critters. If you are heading up river chasing some fish don’t forget to throw in a crab pot or two as there has been some quality crabs taken.
Offshore has been a little quiet due to the weather. If you do get a window I would suggest heading to the outer Gneerings and Murphys reef for Snapper and grass sweetlip. If heading to the Barwon Banks try fishing the deeper water mark around 90m for Pearl Perch and Snapper and the shallows for Red Throat Emperor. Cobia were showing up on the old trawler wrecks, drifting live baits has shown the better results. Don’t forget to keep an eye out for surface action as the spotted and school mackeral have started to head south.
On the beach has seen quality whiting and dart in the shallow water gutters on the run in tide, using worms and peeled prawns have been the best bait. The high water gutters have produced the occasional flathead, best baits has been the baby blue pillies and fresh mullet. The rocks at Yaroomba and Pin Cushion have seen good size Trevally, squire and grass sweetlip mainly being caught early morning on fresh mullet and half pillies.

Now for all the latest information log onto www.fishingnoosa.com.au for up to date bar and fishing reports, don’t forget to drop into Davo’s Tackle World in Noosa or Davo’s Northshore Bait & Tackle at Marcoola to find out where the fish are biting, and remember, Tight Lines and Bent Spines!

Davo's Tackle World Noosa
Shop 6, Noosa Homemaker Ctr, Mary St, Noosaville Q 4566
Ph: 07 5449 8099
davosqld@ozemail.com.au

Davo's North Shore Bait & Tackle
938 David Low Way
Marcoola, Queensland 4564
Tel: (07) 5448 8244
northshore@davostackle.com.au

kittylover

Re: Report 16/12/16

Post by kittylover » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:58 pm

Hi, I just arrived here from Sydney and planed a trip already and just gathering different things. I am unable to get the cushion of the good quality, could you guys help me out?
Love Animals

Nicole Penfold
Admin

Re: Report 16/12/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:28 pm

Kitty the reporter doesn't monitor the bulletin boards. Please phone them if you have any questions.